Fiberglass pieces for '66 coupe and '68 coupe..where to buy? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via AIM to MustangMatt Send a message via Yahoo to MustangMatt
Question Fiberglass pieces for '66 coupe and '68 coupe..where to buy?

Hey ya'll -

I'm deciding to screw messing with my CobraAutomotive '68 front end piece with my repro and original fenders. I'm also constructing a rotissiere for my mom's '66 coupe. Since the fenders are gone, hood, trunk, and front valance, I'm looking to just replace those pieces with STOCK-looking fiberglass. Of course, it will only be a summer/spring driver, as the same with my '68 coupe. Since the restoration of her '66 will be expensive anyhow, I'd like to put as many pieces of fiberglass I can, so they won't rust. I'm looking for '68 fenders, b/c the metal fenders I have now, suck and can't match well with my frontend. I've seen that www.up22.com has all the parts I'm looking for the '66 and they're MUCH cheaper, but I don't know of anyone that has bought from them and how the parts fit. So if someone(s) could help me out by finding a good place to buy the pieces I need, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Matt

Planned Mods: 03/04 Cobra hood, rockers, front bumper (ordered!!), rear spoiler (ordered!!); Dark Charcoal Bullitts (18x9s and 18x10s); Bullitt 5spd pedals; more....

"I drive slowly when I run people over...." -Me
MustangMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2005, 03:47 PM   #2
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Quote:
so they won't rust.
Making fiberglass peice fit is like hell. They generally come warped and need to be sanded alot to make sure the resin is completely dry.

If you do the prep work right, and take care of the paint. It won't rust.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
yes fiberglass is pretty hard to work with, and body shops charge alot to do the work. i suggest getting metal pieces, like dom said if you prep the metal right it wont rust.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video