Thinking about buying pair of Halo Projector Headlights for my 2009 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #1

Region: Missouri
Thinking about buying pair of Halo Projector Headlights for my 2009 GT

Okay, I have already started customizing my 2009 GT. I am now looking to uprgade the headlights. I thought about bulbs at first, but then I came across the Halo's. I really like the way they look. But I am having a bit of a dilemma. I seen them on American Muscle for $250.00, but I shopped around on eBay and found them for $120.00-$160.00. I want to buy from American Muscle because they have awesome customer service and they ship super fast. But at the same time I can save about $100.00 on eBay.

That's my first dilemma, here's the second. I heard you have to take the entire front bumper off to install these things and that you better know your stuff when sealing them. With that being the case I'll have to have it professionally done because I don't want to screw anything up by doing the install myself. So that's probably an extra $100.00 at minimum.

Are these things worth the trouble? Also, are they good quality? This is one reason I'm scared to buy these on Ebay. They look like the same ones American Muscle has, but I'm not sure that they are.
jasonus03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Thinking about buying pair of Halo Projector Headlights for my 2009 GT

first of all don't get those from ebay. I did and they didn't fit as good as better quality ones do. I don't know about the s197s installation but i wouldn't think you'd have to remove the bumper. And sealing is no science just put a good bead of silicone around where there are cracks. IMO go to american muscle ask someone how to install and just seal them yourself.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

dont go cheap you get what you pay for. I personally dont like how any look but the oem ford hid setup
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I don't have the halo lights. But i did get my new healights and healdlight panel off ebay. For the same reasons as you. MONEY. Though i have everything installed and they look good, it took a little "extra" to install them. The panel didn't have all the mounting holes, so i had to drill them, and the lights didnt fit quite perfect so i had to do a little shaving. Was nothing major, but if you aren't up to doing a little custom work, you would probably do better buying from a quality place, as i hear american muscle is. Any custom work that an installer would have to do would prob cost you extra anyway, leaving you close to the same prices? I'm not telling you to not buy them from ebay, just prepared for possibly doing a little extra work. Good luck
Old 05-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

If your going to have somebody install an after market part I suggest you speak with the installer prior to your purchasing for any Ideas and tips.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

I bought a pair of smoked headlights for my SN-95 from ebay for the same reason (money). One of them did not fit like an OEM. People can only tell if you point it out to them. Sealing is easy. Any monkey can do it. American Muscle even has a video on how to do it. Bottom line is both have pros and cons. I personally would like to buy from American Muscle but sometimes Money is tight so I HAVE to go through Ebay.
a3705872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

You buy em where you need to man. Just please do the install yourself. its not to hard and when your done you'll be even more proud of the lights.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Keep us posted and get some pics when finished!
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i have found that buying parts on Ebay is always a hit or mis type of thing. i know i bought a couple of sets for my GTi and had seal issues, but i bought a set for my civic and never had a issue. And i not even going to get in to the issues with the ones i bought for my mx6

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

It does my heart a world of good-to see that a former "ricer" DarkShadows-is now driving a Mustang I would use American Muscle-for the same reason(s) stated-as I have had positive buying experience with them, also. I'm really reluctant to buy from EBay-call me paranoid but I too-specifically-wanted the Ford HIDs-and have them. They're great!:burnout:
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

^^^ Don't let it fool you...he's still a ricer at heart...but we love him anyways. Besides...his girl has a great ***, so we let it slide.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

:whistle: wow..
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video