Legal Headlights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to DropTop_Stang
Legal Headlights

Hey, I'm want to get some of the white halogen headlights for my car, but I cannot find California road-legal lights anywhere. Most sites I find them on don't list whether or not they are legal. Does any know the legal specifics and/or where I can get some new lights
DropTop_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2003, 06:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to synister232
Sylvania Silver Stars are 50 state legal from what i know...they are sorta pricey, cheapest i've seen was 29.00 each at Autozone.

i got the cheapo brand white lights from ebay for 9.99 lol they work just fine and who cares if they arent street legal
synister232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to greenflash00
Yea i have heard the silverstars are pretty good bulbs... I had the cool blues, but it got to the point where one was brighter than the other so i yanked em out. But they looked better/brighter than stock.
Gt takeoff exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers, Mac CAI, ASP UDP, Flex Phenolic Spacers, 17 by 9 Cobra R's, 275/40s all around, FMS C-Springs, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS T-loc, FMS 4.10 gears, fordchip, 3000 stall PI tq converter, B&M Supercooler, and some various appearance stuff.
greenflash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
as long as they are not as bright as a BMW or some high $$ car like that you should be fine. Most people dont care about the headlights. "but if they flash there high beams on then they are to bright for the street.."
Old 08-05-2003, 11:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanx. I appreciate it. Also, how hard are they to install/ where can I find a how to for it?
Old 08-06-2003, 07:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to el cheapo
dude, its really easy, just look under your hood. I guarentee you can figgure it out
Old 08-06-2003, 10:14 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
I ahve Silver Stars. Autozones here sell them for 25 a piece, or 49.99 a set. I love them. And yes, sometimes I get flashed, but oh well. Out of the 6000 cars I've driven past, only 2 or 3 have flashed me.

I love the brightness Not to mention it's a WHITE light, instead of a yellowish halogen
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:04 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Neomustang
Try these bulbs

I have the projection lights in my 95 with the Street Glow high intensity high and low beam bulbs and they are around 100 watts each and they are brighter than HID bulbs. Street Glow makes a single bulb that fits the stock mustang headlamp and its just as bright and they only cost about 30 bucks for the set. Although they are illegal...no cop will ever pull you over, I've had mine for over 2 years and have had no trouble at all.
Neomustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i wouldn't take the chance. I live in Tracy, CA and the cops pull you over for having your stereo on. It's ridiculous. Thanx for the help, now if I could just find some cash for my car. I have 3k in planned upgrades, but I really can't find the cash. My job is barely paying enough for expenses. I need to turn 18, all these kick butt jobs are open and I can't take them. I saw one today for a paper delivery man. It's from 3-5am each day. $75 a day, Mon-Fri. $150 a day on Sat. and $300 for Sunday. Just for two hours a day. I had a interview and everything and the guy couldn't hire me because of some stupid california law about minors. !!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:44 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Neomustang
I understand that, I got my car when I was 16 and im 19 now and every freakin penny i have has gone into my car. Ive put around 5gs into it now and Im still estimating around 15gs more.
Neomustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:18 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Ummm.. save the 15 grand and put it in the bank. By the time you're 24, you'll have saved enough interest to pay cash for a cobra, and still afford hte insurance 8)
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video