Car Care Product Study - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Question Car Care Product Study

In addition to hauling *** all over the place in my 'Stang, I work for a company (Communispace) that essentially runs online focus groups (not wicked exciting but it pays for gas). We're doing a project with a well-known manufacturer of car care products, and we're having a hard time finding the right people.

Basically the way it works is if you take the survey and meet the right criteria, you'd get invited to join this (private, 300-person) community where you could participate in discussions and take a few surveys and get Amazon.com gift certificates every month or so, and the car care company will actually listen to what you tell them. Community members don't get sold to, and their personal info doesn't get used for anything. I don't personally get any kind of referral bonus or any junk like that, I just work for the company that sets up the community.

If anyone is interested, please check out the "screener" survey here: Car Care Study It would really help me out at work, and I think anyone who got in would like it (and the Amazon.com gift certificates).

Thanks!

Also, I don't mean to get under anyone's skin here, so if posting something like this is against the rules let me know and I'll take it down. I kicked an e-mail to the admins and didn't hear back so I'm hoping it's ok...
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Car Care Product Study

I tried but didn't qualify...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Hmm...my recommendation is to post up about something that maybe car enthusiasts would qualify for. My guess is you have to be a car care ****** to qualify for this initiative so that they can get you to buy their turtle wax crap.

Quote:
Thank you very much for taking the time to participate in this survey. Turtle Wax conducts many different projects with specific research objectives in mind and while this particular initiative is not a fit at this time, we do hope you’ll consider participating again in future requests.
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 05:50 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Hmm...my recommendation is to post up about something that maybe car enthusiasts would qualify for. My guess is you have to be a car care ****** to qualify for this initiative so that they can get you to buy their turtle wax crap.
The questions had nothing to do with actual car care....just dealt with whether you worked in the right industry or not. Kinda pointless.
Our's:
Old 07-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, the survey linked in my original post just handles demographic and behavioral stuff. Unfortunately I can't really be more specific about what they're looking for... If you make it through the survey (I told y'all we were having a hard time finding people!), you'll get invited to join an online community where you really do get to talk to the company and answer their questions about what they should do. It's pretty cool if you fit their wicked specific profile.

Thanks for giving it a try! I feel a little weird posting the link in the first place, but we really are having a hard time finding the right folks...
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

The survey I took asked several questions about what products I currently use, how often I use them, what products I've used in the past...etc.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
The survey I took asked several questions about what products I currently use, how often I use them, what products I've used in the past...etc.
****, mine didn't say anything like that. Different surveys for different people I suppose. Either that or it's by zip. I should do it again after resetting my IP and see if I get the same questions.
Our's:
Old 07-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

It asked me do I work in any of the fields they asked, have I participated in any other surveys, zip code, and birth year.
Our's:
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

It's probably because you work in the sales type field that it cuts you off right there. Since I am in the computer field and elections, I was able to get by. Either that, or they just don't care about people from Mississippi...

I've thought about doing it again and answering like a noob who has probably never washed their own car to see if I Can qualify....not that I want any turtle wax products...but just to see if I win.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

i tried also and was rejected :
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks again to anyone who has taken the survey! You can see why we're having such trouble, this one is extremely specific. Usually we just need something like "moms with pets" or "18-24 year old males who know what a girl looks like." This one is a bear...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks again to everyone who took the survey! The study is now closed, so the link is basically dead.

Everyone was a huge help though! Thanks again!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Doggone it-I would have taken it-for grins but it's "closed"..
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

What's the point of getting a certain demographic of specific people to voice their views? Then wouldn't you only have a one-sided approach to designing a product? I would rather have a random assortment of different people from all experiences in order to best shape a product and it's company?
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Not if you were targetting a specific demographic. For example, you wouldn't want to question people in the south about a car care product that combats road salt. You'd get innaccurate numbers if 50% of your answers were from people in Florida, since they wouldn't buy it even if it was the best product on the market.

Not that I know what this study was about, I'm just talking about in general its ok to screen your audience for certain reasons.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
What's the point of getting a certain demographic of specific people to voice their views? Then wouldn't you only have a one-sided approach to designing a product? I would rather have a random assortment of different people from all experiences in order to best shape a product and it's company?
Also, the survey linked above was just one part of our effort, and we already had a number of people in the study. Certain demographics "fill up" faster than others and we're left to fill in the gaps to end up with a balanced group.

Thanks again for everyones' help!
Old 07-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

sad, I wanted to see if I got rejected

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video