Mach 460 not ejecting CD's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mach 460 not ejecting CD's

My mach is not ejecting CD's at all I have degraded myself to using two butter knives to get it out. Is there any way to fix this problem? I don't want to spend 150 for a new Mach 460 head unit. I also don't want to change to an aftermarket head unit, I love my mach system...
a3705872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Mach 460 not ejecting CD's

Unfortunately, jammed cd's are an essential part of the Mach 460 audio system lol. When mine would do it, I would press the eject button, then pound the side of the console moderately, and the cd would usually eject the rest of the way. It's aggravating, but that's part of it I guess. Easiest solution is to use your Ipod if you have one. That's what I do.

I attached a picture of where I tap it when they get stuck...usually works better than putting something in the slide door and scratching the hell out of it and the cd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GTInterior mach audio.JPG
Views:	4098
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	20863

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Unfortunately, jammed cd's are an essential part of the Mach 460 audio system lol. When mine would do it, I would press the eject button, then pound the side of the console moderately, and the cd would usually eject the rest of the way. It's aggravating, but that's part of it I guess. Easiest solution is to use your Ipod if you have one. That's what I do.

I attached a picture of where I tap it when they get stuck...usually works better than putting something in the slide door and scratching the hell out of it and the cd.

Attachment 20863

I want to setup my Zune in the mustang, but really dont know how to do this with a Mach. I know the 2005+ have an MP3 jack but 04 and earlier dont have one. Any help where to get one and how hard to install?
a3705872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Well, I don't know much about zunes. I just bought an adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter for the Ipod. Its an FM transmitter that syncs with the radio stations to play the music. It also charges the Ipod.

I don't know if zune offers anything like that. That'd probably be the easiest way to run it with the Mach sytem.

I know some people ***** about sound quality. It isn't as great as a cd, but it isn't terrible, at least to me.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

You'll have issues with how your car sounds if you switch to an aftermarket head unit. It will still sound "ok" but nothing like it does with the Mach head unit. The reason for this is that the speakers are all set up at something like 3 ohms, and that isn't anywhere near a common resistance.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
You'll have issues with how your car sounds if you switch to an aftermarket head unit. It will still sound "ok" but nothing like it does with the Mach head unit. The reason for this is that the speakers are all set up at something like 3 ohms, and that isn't anywhere near a common resistance.
I disagree.

If you were to pick up an aftermarket speaker that's rated at 4ohms and measured its resistance you would not get a perfect number, it could be in the 3's or it can even go past 4, albeit aftermarket speakers are (read: should) much closer to the 4 ohm mark and much more uniform between individual speakers. Meaning normally a speaker may have a 3.4-4.6 ohm reading however a good set of speakers should have a closer value, say between the 3.8-4.2 ohms.

Usually I'll say to pick the same ohms when setting up amps and speakers. And an all Mach audio system is the best solution when any stock part is included in the audio set up. And yes the Mach 3 ohm configuration is quite an odd resistance. The "ok" sound may not be so much as the aftermarket headunit as it is the stock speakers.

Basically, without going into a physics lesson, the lower 3 ohm Mach speakers allows slightly more current to reach the speakers which affects the frequencies (read: sound) coming out of the speakers, while this shouldn't actually affect the sound quality, it does affect the power output (a.k.a. Wattage), which can be considered as making the speakers louder then they normally would have played. So if (making up numbers here) the Mach 460 Headunit each produces 100 watts at 4 ohms (pretend you have aftermarket speakers) then the stock Mach 460 HU playing through 3 ohm speakers may have a 105 wattage.

The vice versa is true, if you go from 3 ohm to 4 ohm then the wattage may drop from say 100 watts at 3 ohm to 95 watts at 4 ohm.

It's really all a way to understand the performance of each component and understanding how they all will react with each other.

You can also take a look at this
Mach 460 Information
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
I disagree.

If you were to pick up an aftermarket speaker that's rated at 4ohms and measured its resistance you would not get a perfect number, it could be in the 3's or it can even go past 4, albeit aftermarket speakers are (read: should) much closer to the 4 ohm mark and much more uniform between individual speakers. Meaning normally a speaker may have a 3.4-4.6 ohm reading however a good set of speakers should have a closer value, say between the 3.8-4.2 ohms.

Usually I'll say to pick the same ohms when setting up amps and speakers. And an all Mach audio system is the best solution when any stock part is included in the audio set up. And yes the Mach 3 ohm configuration is quite an odd resistance. The "ok" sound may not be so much as the aftermarket headunit as it is the stock speakers.

Basically, without going into a physics lesson, the lower 3 ohm Mach speakers allows slightly more current to reach the speakers which affects the frequencies (read: sound) coming out of the speakers, while this shouldn't actually affect the sound quality, it does affect the power output (a.k.a. Wattage), which can be considered as making the speakers louder then they normally would have played. So if (making up numbers here) the Mach 460 Headunit each produces 100 watts at 4 ohms (pretend you have aftermarket speakers) then the stock Mach 460 HU playing through 3 ohm speakers may have a 105 wattage.

The vice versa is true, if you go from 3 ohm to 4 ohm then the wattage may drop from say 100 watts at 3 ohm to 95 watts at 4 ohm.

It's really all a way to understand the performance of each component and understanding how they all will react with each other.

You can also take a look at this
Mach 460 Information
Disagreeing is well and good, but I've switched several head units in, and they all sound like complete ***. I hate how the Mach 460 head unit has issues playing CD's... but I refuse to make the car sound like *** so I can play CD's. I've gotten to the point now where bays 4 and 6 will both work, even change CD's back and forth.

As a warning to the OP, if you decide to switch head units in... don't be surprised when it sounds like ****. There is a lot more to a sound system than whether the ohms match up.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

^^ the fact you had an eclipse and it still sounded like caca is proof enough for me.

When I eventually swap head units, it will be a full system swap as I know the ford speakers aren't exactly steller either.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Jimmy - what HU did you run? I've never been a fan of eclipse myself. I had a low end Alpine when I got my car and now I have a higher end Pioneer and both sound great; speakers and amps are stock.

Did you change out your amps or speakers, where either or both of those good? I'm just very all surprised at that.

As for the quality of the Mach system, I personally like them I just wish they would work after a few years of use To me it's either all stock or all aftermarket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
Jimmy - what HU did you run? I've never been a fan of eclipse myself. I had a low end Alpine when I got my car and now I have a higher end Pioneer and both sound great; speakers and amps are stock.

Did you change out your amps or speakers, where either or both of those good? I'm just very all surprised at that.

As for the quality of the Mach system, I personally like them I just wish they would work after a few years of use To me it's either all stock or all aftermarket.
I had an eclipse 3100. I just changed HU. I messed with settings for weeks... sounded like complete ****. Switched the mach unit back in after it was taken apart to remove stuck CD's and sounded amazing as soon as it was plugged in... compared to the eclipse. Then you mess with the settings and it's just so much better.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Ohms shouldn't have anything to do with sound quality, unless you cause components to overheat due to running too low of a resistance. Its easy to overheat things if you have them cranked up and running at an unsupported resistance. If the mach system has amps and such, it probably has something to do with the way they recieve the audio signal from the headunit.

I get pretty good sound from my Iphone's ipod by using a Sony cassette tape adapter that I originally bought for my Sony Discman. Yes, the CD playing walkman thing from like 15 years ago. (my car has a CD/tape mix HU)
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

mine only does this when I have thick labels on the top of them, usually it never sticks
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
i have the same issue. it didnt do it for the first couple months i owned my Cobra but for the past few months i have been stuck listening to lame *** FM or the same ONE cd that is stuck in there. i hit eject and i hear a sound like its trying to spit it out then nothing. i tried the banging on the side of the console maybe im not hitting it hard enough? and i really dont want to try the butter knives because this is a special CD to me, id rather destroy the head unit than mess up that CD. (i dont want to do either)

so i was just posting to see if anyone has come up with new ideas since this thread lost its attention. Thanks in advanced!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post

Attachment 20863
thats where i been hitting mine at but my Mach 460 doesnt look like that would that make a difference (that looks like the one i had in my 04 40th anniv. GT but it never had a CD stick...) the pic i posted is of my current mach 460 in the 99 Cobra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11043139_804659136289608_7275154007547044717_o.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	192940  
Old 10-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
6 year old thread...but... Butter knife or take the unit out of the car and disassemble it. I've done both.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video