badging suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
badging suggestions

hey guys, I was wondering, I'm going to be very very close to looking like a Mustang GT... should I just got ahead and slap on a GT badge on the rear trunk lid of my car? It looks barren there.... should I put something else there? I know, someone will say "3.8" badge or something.... but I don't want people to KNOW I have a v-6 if it's going to look hot. maybe I can get one that says "Mustang" in script.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
if you put a gt badge i will cry because your car is so hot with those flames. may i suggest 232 badges.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:50 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
if you put a gt badge i will cry because your car is so hot with those flames. may i suggest 232 badges.
hehehe, I love hearing that.... "your car is so hot with those flames" thing... I could listen to it all day. And yeah, a 232 badge does sound good. I may have to take you up on that.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 11:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

dude you have to get us some good pics of your car.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:57 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

I know... it's long over-due... all you guys have gotten to see is the web-cam pics... hopefully I have a deal coming up that will go through. This guy has like a $400 digital camera he wants to trade for my ported upper intake. I will do this deal, as I need the camera. Also, after this, I will post pics of my car, as then it will have new tires, which it desperately needs... also, the new GT rear bumper, to replace the broken v-6 bumper it currently has... new exhaust tips... to replace the messed up ones it currently has... the new ones will be 3.5" diameter, just like the current ones, but will be shiny stainless steel and have rolled edges, so they'll look hot... I also will need to get some scratches from the fence buffed out... they should be able to be buffed out, I hope. Much cheaper than repainting it. Then, I will need to get some rear bumper inserts, and the ride will be finished for now.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

you already have rims and a drop?
Old 05-11-2005, 12:06 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

hahaha, no. I've decided to save the big bucks that it would cost for those two mods for my project car, which will be a 2003 Cobra. It will be wrecked, but I can get it and get it fixed for roughly 7500 or so... and then, I'll drop the mula

Old 05-11-2005, 12:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

springs are like 100 bucks man. and at least get some gt take off 17 inch bullits
Old 05-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

you gonna front me some money for the rims? I may do the springs, I don't know... right now, I live on a gravel road, and I don't want to drag my car going onto the highway

Old 05-11-2005, 12:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

hose rims will set you back around 400 if you find a good local deal.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:11 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

if they included good tires for $400, I would do it

Old 05-11-2005, 06:44 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
as said above a 232 badge would work cause as fast as you slap on a GT badge on your car is as fast you should get smacked upside the head :yup:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:15 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, I know... but I'm so close to being an imposter. I already had a kid in my home town accuse me of being a poser........ because I had a GT hood and dual exhaust. I said "stfu noob", and then explained to him how much of a d-bag he was

Old 05-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I cannot and will not support any idea of putting a GT emblem on your V6. I still not sure why you dont wanty people to know it is a GT. You seem to have cylinder envy. Come on think about it. You have the support of hundreds of people on our forum and the knowledge that people who will put you down are not worth a ***** anyway. You also have the knowledge that V6 stangs have broken into the 10 second club in the 1/4 mile.

Be real and be happy!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

I guess I wouldn't put 4.6 on the trunk if I had a v-8 either though. So maybe it's not about not wanting to advertise 3.8, maybe it's just I don't think I'd like the looks of "3.8" on the back. "232" maybe... maybe some script of something. It just looks so barren there. I wouldn't GT badge my car... because that'd only make me want to do an engine swap, and I know I don't want to do that.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
id get that 3.8 badge that looks like the 5.0 badge thats hawt :yup:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
do NOT under any circumstances put a gt badge on your v6... thats just wrong anyway you think about it, leave it be... less IS more.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:43 PM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
NO GT badge, period.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

I already agreed no GT badge... but I don't want 3.8 there anyway... I want something cool there, something identifyable

Old 05-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
how about no badges? badges are the suck
Old 05-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
how about sticking the 35th anny honey comb plastic thing back there if it looks so barren?

i say no badges personally
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video