99 mustang amp help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2005, 11:47 PM   #1

Region: California
99 mustang amp help

I like the sound of the stock system, but from wahat 2 shops have told me, my amp is going bad. I dont want to change the stock system because I work in LA and as far as I am concerned its "Radio Theft Central". Now my system has that alternator humming sound and several stereo shops now have told me it is the stock amp going bad. Will it be ok if I just rewire the stock unit without the amp? How much loudness will I loose of I do this? Where is the amp? Lastly, if I should get an aftermarket one for my stock speakers and stock cd/cassette/radio what is the best route-amps, volts, channels, etc. Thanks
Player Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #2

Region: Illinois
When I had my 99 Stang the amp was actually behind the receiver in the dash. I believe you can rewire it without the amp but you notice the loss in power. Personally I don't think the stock sound system that comes with mustangs (mach) is that great. Of course this is coming from a guy that pours money into his sound so you should probably take my opinion with a grain of salt.

But in your case there isn't a point in pouring money into something that you think will get stolen. Hope that helps.
SKELETON08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
do you have the mach system? or just oem factory one?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
The stock amp is kinda below and behind the stock deck.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:39 PM   #5

Region: California
Wow! Get this. I finally call the guy I got the car from. The car has Pioneers in the back and when he reintstalled the stock stereo, he did not ground it. He also sold the amp in the rear. So as it stands, I have no amp, two Great pioneer speakers in the rear and stock cd/radio/casstte that is not grounded correctly or at all. Now my question takes a 360. How do I take the stereo panal loose to check the system? How do I get the bezel around the shifter off-I need to fix the lighter thingy to charge my cell phone. Also now that i know I have good speakers in the back what would be a good csot effective amp for them? Thanks
Player Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Ok, center bezel, I just pull on mine, and it comes out. Put your fingers on each side, press out slightly, and it pops right out. Shifter bezel is the same way. I have pics of a 02, but not 99
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video