What does everyone think?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #1

Region: Colorado
Exclamation What does everyone think?!

Hey everyone! Ok so my plan for apperince for my 02' silver mustang its to keep the body silver of course, and do that smokey/tinted headlights and tail lights, and i was going to tint the windows as dark as i could, and then i was thinking of getting black rims or chrome rims. What does everyone think? Give me your honest opinions here, your not gonna hurt my feelings. any suggestions on what to do to make a silver mustang look dope let me know please! thanks!!!

2002 v6 Mustang, American Muscle CAI, Pypes True Duel Exhaust with X-Pipe, Sequential Tail lights, side car decals! More coming soon! :-)

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice"
Craser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: What does everyone think?!

id go with chrome/silver/polished aluminum. its not that i dont like black rims on a silver car... i just think that chrome/silver/polished aluminum looks better on silver. maybe cobra Rs. found this picture googling:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...30909321-1.jpg

i think the tint idea sounds great. definitely get a mach 1 chin spoiler. it will go well with the tint/smoke.

also, maybe consider lowering your car. a bit of a drop will help with appearances. and thats about it. im sure your car will look great after that.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i just checked that link. basically, that is what your car will look like with all my suggestions lol. same color and everything lol.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Yea...definately go with the chrome/silver/polished rims. Personally, I can't stand the black rims. The only way to make black rims look good, is with chrome tires, and I don't see that happening anytime soon..lol. But, to each his own.
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if it was my car i would:

Install 2001-2004 OEM head lights (black inside but not smoked)
Grill Delete
Custom dual exhaust
Hood Scoop
Lower the car with H&R springs (1.5 drop)
MM CC plates (for alignment needs)
Tokico Shocks/Struts (not needed right away but will eventually be needed)
Wheels/Tires (17s or 18s probably a ford wheel~ 500 for wheels~ 500 for tires or so)
01 Cobra Front bumper with fog lights
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Personally I'm a fan of black on silver. Black bullitts is where it's at! Or you could go with Antichrite as well as a nice midpoint. I think silver on silver is too much and some color is a nice break up. Bullitt style and FR500 are my personal favorite style, maybe the OEM 5-spoke for bad weather, but only as an extra set.

Lighting tints I also think help break up the silver, just don't get the covers. Do a legit tint on them. Ideally for me an extra set of head/tail lights is nice so you can always swap back and forth.

The only problem with going real dark on tints (lighting and windows included) are cops. Some are cool, some don't like dark windows so just plan ahead on that.

Add some extra trim as well - Mach I spoiler, hood and side scoops will make the car look more aggressive; so will a drop in ride height.

You could also remove the spoiler, which is a "free" mod. OF course you may want to paint some plugs to plug up the old holes. The factory antenna height is finally starting to bother me so you can always do something like that.

Personally I'm a fan of sequential taillights. I have them on my car and love them. The only thing with these is I recommend Meter4it Sequentail / Chase turn signals for Ford Mustang 's kit as the product is much more well thought out, it gives you three light options - sequential, chase and stock, all of which can be changed by switchin a jumper pin.

Some other "silly" things you can do is change out bulbs. For instance my reverse lights are tinted blue but give off a really bright hyper-white light. It adds a little color to the rear but doesn't change the light, some may think this is "ricey" but I think when people see it they know how nice it really looks. You can also change out the instrument cluster lights to give the dash a different color other than that OEM Green.

You can remove or change some of your badging on the car, and if you haven't already put in some "Mustang" vinyl inserts on the rear bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I think either polished or chrome wheels do the trick with a silver car. I myself just don't care for the look of black rims...no offense to those who have them. I'm old school (and just plain old ) and grew up with classics like Cragar SS and Keystone Classics. I put chrome Godspeed Omegas on my Vapor Metallic '08, and they really look good on the car. Go to a site like Discount Tire or Tire Rack that has the "see the wheels on your car" application, and then you can get an idea of what black and shiny wheels will look like on your ride. You will receive a lot of well-intentioned advice to your questions on this site, but in the end you will need to decide what you want, and you should make that decision based on YOUR personal likes and preferences. Good luck!
MetallicMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I agree with all said suggestions above. Either way you go, you can't really mess up. Silver is a great color to work with...black, chrome, anthracite, either way it will still look amazing if done right.

My quick list for the hell of it:

1. 01+ hood scoop (the 99-00 one is too small and not as aggressive imo)
2. GT side scoops (GT inserts match the hood scoop, cobras have different inserts)
3. Mach 1 chin spoiler - must have for a silver mustang
4. Lowering springs - as stated, dramatically improves appearance and some handling
5. Tints - windows and lights (don't forget 3rd brake light, side markers, and fogs)
6. Fog lights - definitely add appearance - smoke the lenses afterwards
7. Mach 1 Grille delete - always thought it cleaned up the front end nicely
8. Dual exhaust - if using tips, get a GT bumper, if keeping the stock bumper, dump em
9. Rear bumper mustang inserts - either black if black rims, stainless steel if chrome rims
10. Shorty Antenna as stated by OsirisGuy
11. 03/04 Cobra mirrors -if you want, or you could paint your stock ones, or leave them
12. Painted calipers - always adds a nice touch to the rims

Possible considerations, not too important though - Mach 1 C pillars, Cobra side skirts, aftermarket brakes - slotted/drilled, or just slotted, or bigger brembos or cobra brakes

Also, keep an eye on your trim...if your cowl is faded, repaint it, if cracked, replace it. You'll want to keep weatherstripping and door grille inserts black and fresh looking.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Here's a few pics I found of different silver mustangs:
I'm a personal fan of the second from the last.

Click image for larger version

Name:	black saleens.jpg
Views:	25354
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	21144

Name:	moch 1.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	21145

Name:	mustang48.jpg
Views:	2988
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	21146

Name:	mustang 22.jpg
Views:	10612
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	21147

Name:	mustang 67.jpg
Views:	1010
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	21148

Name:	Mustang GT 7.jpg
Views:	5169
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	21149

Name:	silver  rear.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	21150

Name:	silver front angle.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	21151

Name:	silver gt.jpg
Views:	12992
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	21152

Name:	Mustang GT 9.jpg
Views:	6236
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	21153

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video