Mustang Evolution Forum banner

interior and exterior painting help

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  blue-saleen 
#1 ·
Hey, two quick questions about painting.

I've already painted my interior trim pieces, but the color is too bright. where can i get the exact (or close to) color of my exterior, and also, how can i get the pieces smooth and glossy like pictured here:
2000 Ford Mustang Photo

also, i have a small touch up i need to do on the exterior (might be able to see it in my avatar picture. its on the passanger side) there is already some grey primer stuff on it, but where is the best place to get the paint?

#2 ·
On the interior.....once you find the right color/color you want, just clear-coat it. That's what the pic looks like.
For touch-up paint, you MIGHT be able to find the correct color at any decent parts store, but just to make sure you get a match, you may want to just get it from your local ford dealer. They should be able to pull the correct paint code, and sell/order the correct stuff for you.
Am I right guys? lol

#5 ·
You will have to check the can to see what the paint is made for. Usually paint will cover a wide range of surfaces (taking into account proper prep work) but some formulas may not be suitable for a type of surface.

#7 ·
i used bull dog adhesion promoter when i painted my 97 f150 dash back in the day. you just need to make sure there is no dust or armor all type stuff on it.

when i want something color matched i go to oriellys and give them my paint code and i always use the ppg and everything matches pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.