QUESTION PLEASE: 98 Mustang Convertible - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:26 PM   #1

Region: New York
QUESTION PLEASE: 98 Mustang Convertible

Ok i'm having some problems with my 98 convertible, and i didn't quite know where to post this thread, so i just chose this area. But basically the convertible top on my mustang is leaking (both back into the area behind the backseat, which is above the convertible motor, and on under the back seats, which eventually travels to the floor im guessing cause the right side is always wet), and i can't seem to find out why, when i follow the drain tracks it leads right into the rear quarter panel (by the back window)where it, i suppose, is supposed to drop down and drain from the side body kit this works on the left side, and not the right, and im not sure if there is supposed to be like a catch pan in there? or if its supposed to drop right to the bottom of the quarter panel then drain through a hole? And if the thing is just pluged.. i just dont know, if anyone any information or a similar problem or somewhere i can go to get more info id be happy to hear it, it would most be helpful.. thanks!
Over_KIll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: QUESTION PLEASE: 98 Mustang Convertible

around the trunk edge is a drain line, not sure how verts work but I would dump some water on it and try to trace it as it goes though to find the issue faster. You can get in the trunk and see or where ever and try to find out where the problem is starting from.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #3

Region: New York

haha finds out i had more then one leak, took me a LONG time to figure it all out, but i think i got it, there are 2 hidden holes where water comes in which would then leak into this leather like"hammock" deal, and then it would just run on down thru my back seats and just collect.. as soon as i took the back seats out and saw how much junk was down tehre and how wet it was i knew i had trouble, i took out everything, all the way down to the carpeting, let the carpeting dry out cause it was wet, then found that there was not ONE but 4 or 5 sources of leaks in the car, it was a bear, bu they are now fixed, thank you for the input tho, its exactly what i did to see what the problem was
Over_KIll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Well the classifieds sure isn't the place.....

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video