Yellow Headlights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #1

Region: Washington
Thumbs up Yellow Headlights

Hey, I want to thank whoever originally posted the "how to" on restoring yellow headlights. I fixed mine in less than an hour and a half. All it took was a little effort, 2 cups of coffee, and about 7 cigarettes.

Yes I know that the headlights will eventually yellow again... IF I do not keep them clean. I am a little confused as to why some of you seem to be arguing about "just buying new ones". Yes that would be the easiest fix, BUT... for the price of a new set, I would rather spend the money on new springs, shocks, hell...at the price of a new pair, you can buy 2 of your 4 new wheels, or half a Diablo, or a new X-pipe, or racing brake pads, or a performance shifter, a nitrous system.... etc.

I don't understand why it is such a big deal to some guys that they might have to polish their headlights every now and then?!? I mean, of all the time I spend detailing my GT, what is a few extra hours a year? By the same rational, I guess I should never bother waxing the paint. After all, it will just oxidize again eventually....right? Maybe the "easiest" fix would be to just have the car painted every spring, (yea right).

I am married with a family, and what money I can invest into my GT will be spent wisely to make it what a Mustang is supposed to be...fast. I'm glad some of you prefer to spend the money on new headlights; I personally appreciate it, because that is about all I will see of your car as I hit 4th gear as the speedo sweeps past 115.

So, thanks again for the "quick fix" on the headlights. You just saved me enough cash to spend on my next horsepower upgrade! (And...my headlights now look awesome!)

Jason
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Car 1.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	966.7 KB
ID:	11495  
Attached Images

johnwayneismyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Re: Yellow Headlights

yea..i need to do that too

did you take before/after pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayneismyda
Hey, I want to thank whoever originally posted the "how to" on restoring yellow headlights. I fixed mine in less than an hour and a half. All it took was a little effort, 2 cups of coffee, and about 7 cigarettes.

Yes I know that the headlights will eventually yellow again... IF I do not keep them clean. I am a little confused as to why some of you seem to be arguing about "just buying new ones". Yes that would be the easiest fix, BUT... for the price of a new set, I would rather spend the money on new springs, shocks, hell...at the price of a new pair, you can buy 2 of your 4 new wheels, or half a Diablo, or a new X-pipe, or racing brake pads, or a performance shifter, a nitrous system.... etc.

I don't understand why it is such a big deal to some guys that they might have to polish their headlights every now and then?!? I mean, of all the time I spend detailing my GT, what is a few extra hours a year? By the same rational, I guess I should never bother waxing the paint. After all, it will just oxidize again eventually....right? Maybe the "easiest" fix would be to just have the car painted every spring, (yea right).

I am married with a family, and what money I can invest into my GT will be spent wisely to make it what a Mustang is supposed to be...fast. I'm glad some of you prefer to spend the money on new headlights; I personally appreciate it, because that is about all I will see of your car as I hit 4th gear as the speedo sweeps past 115.

So, thanks again for the "quick fix" on the headlights. You just saved me enough cash to spend on my next horsepower upgrade! (And...my headlights now look awesome!)

Jason
Good stuff!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

wax them as you would the paint on the car and it will keep them from yellowing. I would put wax on them when i cleaned up the car now and again regardless of if i waxed the car or not.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Glad to hear we helped!
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 PM   #6

Region: Washington

Sorry, no before and after pics, (I left my digital camera at work this weekend). But if headlights were teeth, the before would look something like a gas station attendant from the Ozarks, and the after would look like a close up of Ms. Americas smile. Thanks again for the help!

Jason
johnwayneismyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayneismyda
Sorry, no before and after pics, (I left my digital camera at work this weekend). But if headlights were teeth, the before would look something like a gas station attendant from the Ozarks, and the after would look like a close up of Ms. Americas smile. Thanks again for the help!

Jason

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Haha...wow...I understood that analogy perfectly...I guess that's bad.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:16 PM   #9

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6

Old 11-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #10
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

excellent analogy.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

haha, yeah im thinkin when the winter gets better im going to do mine too. looks good

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video