Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Aftermarket head unit + mach system

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  lowflyn 
#1 ·
Just wondering how this setup works... I was thinking of getting a new HU, but didnt know how it works with the mach amps and what not. Would I have to bypass the amps? Does the wiring harness just connect right into them? Give me the low down.

#2 ·
pretty much have to not use the amps and just the head unit. Buy a 4 channel amp and power the 4 stock speakers along with a head unit (i would upgrade the stock speakers of course) that would work pretty good.

#4 ·
i thought you could get that mach 460 wiring harness and still use the amps and everything just like you would with the stock... i am looking into it right now, but i am not very sure about it

#5 ·
#7 ·
Gahhhhhhh, you can use an aftermarket headunit with the 460 or 1000 system. The shaker 500 or the shaker 1000 sytem. All of them.

You will need a wiring harness that hooks up the mach unit. In my aftermarket stereo install thread....I have listed the harnesses you will need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.