Mustang Evolution Forum banner

460 mach door woofers?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mohrnormal 
#1 ·
I need some help guys! Blew a door speaker. Stores are trying to sell me two way and three way 6x8 speakers. Well as you all know the tweeters/mids are on the top of the door panel. Why would I need a 2 or 3 way in the door esspecially when all the info I have checked says nothing about them being 2 or 3 ways and that the amp is designed to cut out high freq.'s anyway! I am having problems finding just woofers in that size. But there are plenty of other options in the 2 ways. Anyone who has the 460 system that has changed these speakers out, I would greatly appreciate any feedback you could give me! Also I want to keep that good solid bass if nopt get a little more out of those speakers. Don't want a sub box.

Thanks!
Scott

#3 ·
One thing you can do is buy a good set of 5x7 components. You replace the bottom door speakers with the 5x7's in the set and the tweets with the tweets in the component set. Then you have a good crossover to set your speakers right. Or...you could do like I'm doing, and modify the door to receive a 6 1/2" speaker with tweets in the sail panels. It's a fun modification, but worth the work to me.

So yeh...you really don't need 2 or 3 way speakers, and if you really wanted, you could probably find a set of stock 460 speakers. I had a complete system for sale at one point, converted my non 460 car to a 460 system.

#4 ·
^^werd. get some component sets and stick the woofer in the door. itll be alot better than the stock ford woofer. maybe see about replacing the mach tweeters with the aftermarket ones, but eh, not a priority.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.