How's This Setup Sound? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
How's This Setup Sound?

I currently have a 2002 Ford Mustang GT, and around a year ago, I bought an MTX 12" T8500 and was told that it wouldn't fit in my car without removing the seat. So now I'm making sure to ask around so I don't run into any more problems and waste more money and time then I have to. Please remember that I'm kind of a newbie at all this audio stuff. So I plan on changing up my whole audio system in the car and so far this is what I've come up with:

MTX Audio T8510-44 10" Subwoofer: (RMS: 500W/Peak: 1000W/Dual 4-Ohm)
-MTX X Thunder 1000XD Mono-block Amplifier: (RMS: 4 Ohms 500W or 700W x 1 channel [The MTX site says 700, but I plan on purchasing from Techronics and it says 500, so I'm kind of confused about this]/2000W Max)
**StreetWires PSC401D Power Station Capacitor: (1 Farad, 20/40 Volt)
**StreetWires PSK00B Power Station Amp Kit: (1/0 AWG)
**StreetWires ZN9250 ZeroNoise 9 Interconnect: (2 Channel Interconnect, 5m long)

Custom Built Ported Subwoofer Box

Clarion NX409 Head Unit: (2 DIN 6.5"/RMS: 19W x 4 channels/PEAK: 40W x 4 channels)

4 MTX Audio TDX6802 Thunder Dome Axial Car Speaker: (RMS: 60W/PEAK: 120W/4 Ohm/6"x8" Coaxial)
-Pioneer GM-6400F Amp 4-Channel: (RMS: 60W x 4 at 4 Ohm/PEAK: 600W)
**StreetWires PSK08Ri 8 Guage Wiring Kit: (8 AWG w/interconnect)
**StreetWires ZN5250 Patch Cable: (2 Channel interconnect/5m long)

Now with just by purchasing these things, can I set up a good audio system in my car that will last a long time as long as it's done right? Do you see anything that I'm missing or do not need? And if you happen to know, will this work in my car?

I'm also thinking about buying a better alternator for my car. I use to have a blown MTX T8512 12" sub in my car (Box was too little and that's how it fit, which also caused it to blow), and had a MTX X Thunder 600xd. My lights would flicker and I think it made my battery weaker. So do you think I should also get a second battery put in?

Another question I have is since the speakers are getting the full 60W from the amp, the clarion head unit won't happen to give more watts then the speaker can handle will they? (Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I'm not sure if I plug the head unit in the head unit's amp will automatically be connected to the speakers. Just making sure so I can create an audio system that's built to last)

Okay so this is all I can remember to ask so far so does anybody have any opinions?

Thanks for all the help!

MasterForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: How's This Setup Sound?

Everything will work fine. Depending on the box size you may or may not have to remove the rear seat to slide the box in. You don't need the capacitor however. Just make sure to keep the gains set low. 99% of the time underpowering is what kills speakers/subs not over powering.

VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Illinois

I put in two 10s in mine about a year ago and the box was ported on the front so it was to long to go in through the trunk so i took the seat off and had about an 1/8 of an inch clearance its not bad to do but it sucks to have to do it multiple times
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if you have the mach system your room for a box in the trunk is very limited, its like 11 inches or so~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video