MURDERING OUT! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Talking MURDERING OUT!

alright well... maybe not completely blacking out my car, but everything except head & taillight tint(idk if i like it, havnt decided). but now i was thinkin black tags, and a black mustang for my front grill..the only tags on my car are the 2 40th ann. tags on the side. where can i find nice...shiny black tags and grillstang? do i have to spray paint..hope i dont

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: MURDERING OUT!

haha wow never mind. going to work my magic with some spray paint. black grill stang is 60 bucks. hellll no.

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
haha wow never mind. going to work my magic with some spray paint. black grill stang is 60 bucks. hellll no.
powdercoat bro...you will never have to worry about it again lol
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
powder quote bro...you will never have to worry about it again lol
+1, powdercoat would be the way to go...

The approach also depends on what finish you want the pony to have...matte, glossy, etc.

As far as the emblems, you're going to have to paint them too. I haven't seen blacked out emblems yet, though they'd be sweet.

Another thing my buddy did with his 01 GT is black out the Ford Oval emblem...it really helps with the appearance...nothing looks more out of place on a zinc yellow mustang than a big ford blue oval, lol.

I'd consider tinting the tail lights/side markers. It'll really help make the car look sleek. If you're worried about offending the law, you can always go with the smoked tint, which is 50% lighter than the blacked out tints.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
+1, powdercoat would be the way to go...

The approach also depends on what finish you want the pony to have...matte, glossy, etc.

As far as the emblems, you're going to have to paint them too. I haven't seen blacked out emblems yet, though they'd be sweet.

Another thing my buddy did with his 01 GT is black out the Ford Oval emblem...it really helps with the appearance...nothing looks more out of place on a zinc yellow mustang than a big ford blue oval, lol.

I'd consider tinting the tail lights/side markers. It'll really help make the car look sleek. If you're worried about offending the law, you can always go with the smoked tint, which is 50% lighter than the blacked out tints.
what is powdercoat? i would want it glossy ithink.
i actually took off the ford oval emblem... 2 tiny holes but that doesnt bother me. i like taillight tint but i also like some red mixed into the black. as for the law...f it. haha messin

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

a black chrome emblem would be to fresh bro lol..........DO IT
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
what is powdercoat? i would want it glossy ithink.
Powder coating is basically applying dry paint. It can be electrostatically charged and sprayed onto the surface (your grille horse), or dipped into a electrostatically charged fluidised bed of powder.

It is then baked where the particles melt and form a solid, continuous film on the surface.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video