Best Amp for the price - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Best Amp for the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Its like a whole 3 seconds and your cd player lasts so much longer... there is a reason the cheap ones have the slots in the face
Face it you like fancy gizmo's. If it flips has fancy lights and has 50,000 functions you are there!!!! MUHAHAHAHHAHA

I am a purist in nature. I dont want so many function I need a check list before I can listen to music. The filp up and back then to a angle faceplates is just more gizmo's in the way of my music!!! All those graphic displays are for the disco crowd. I dont need little video clips of racecars on my display. I just want a clock, the station numbers and maybe the song playing but that is not necessary. What is necessary is good sound. Not tooty fruity elitist must have name brand sound that cost 3,000 dollars. I just need good to great sound that can play Rock. I dont need the trunk lid to rattle. NO F*&%ing rapp is going to be played. Just hard driving rock. I dont need my ears to bleed or my heart to stop. I wont have my trunk full of bass speakers. But I might get a basslink eventually.

Just good clean hard driving sound without fancy lights or graphics and if it has a slot in the front so be it. I dont live in a dust bowl and I clean my car very regularly. If the dust that is in the air for me to breath it is good enough for a cd player BY GOD!!! Let the fast & furious crowd dazzle themselves with flashy lights and no trunk space because of the subs in there. I will go by knowing I am payiing attention to the road and I will still be able to hear in my 80's.

Are you in line for a beltone hearing aid??? :whistle:

Old 02-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Make sure the cd player you get has atleast 2 pre outs
2 or 3 at the very least. I almost bought one that was a steal but I read where it had only one set. It was this one which I think is the best looking unit out there. It is straight forward, Black (which I like) and simple to operate. All the silver and green just does nothing for me. Now if I drove a Zargon space speeder with photon torpedo's i might get flashy but that is not me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer 2800.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	12184  
Old 02-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #38
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Face it you like fancy gizmo's. If it flips has fancy lights and has 50,000 functions you are there!!!! MUHAHAHAHHAHA
Not really.. my cd player is pretty basic and most Alpines are. Mine rotates out to change the cd and thats about it.... I just think the slot in the face is pretty ugly.

Quote:
I am a purist in nature. I dont want so many function I need a check list before I can listen to music. The filp up and back then to a angle faceplates is just more gizmo's in the way of my music!!!
lol the flip up function on mine is one button that you dont even have to push...

Quote:
All those graphic displays are for the disco crowd. I dont need little video clips of racecars on my display.
Neither do I... thats Pioneer not Alpine... Alpine has a scrolling display that says the current song lol. I dont know what cd players you are looking at but 90% of the Alpines out there are not that showy.

Quote:
I just want a clock, the station numbers and maybe the song playing but that is not necessary.
That's all I got.... lol

Quote:
What is necessary is good sound. Not tooty fruity elitist must have name brand sound that cost 3,000 dollars.
You get what you pay for... you dont have to pay for the top of the line CD player but you buy a cheap cd player and thats what you get.. no matter what brand. 200-250 dollars gets you a solid cd player that isnt too showy. If you want show you can spen 400 dollars on one... mine cost me 280 dollars brand new 4 years ago....
[/quote]
Quote:
I just need good to great sound that can play Rock. I dont need the trunk lid to rattle. NO F*&%ing rapp is going to be played. Just hard driving rock. I dont need my ears to bleed or my heart to stop. I wont have my trunk full of bass speakers. But I might get a basslink eventually.
That really doesnt have anything to do with the cd player. Plus the lower end model cd players have low voltage pre outs.

Quote:
Just good clean hard driving sound without fancy lights or graphics and if it has a slot in the front so be it. I dont live in a dust bowl and I clean my car very regularly. If the dust that is in the air for me to breath it is good enough for a cd player BY GOD!!! Let the fast & furious crowd dazzle themselves with flashy lights and no trunk space because of the subs in there. I will go by knowing I am payiing attention to the road and I will still be able to hear in my 80's.
Again... slight over exaggeration here... the 199 dollar Alpine I posted is hardly "dazzling"

Quote:
Are you in line for a beltone hearing aid??? :whistle:
Probably so... but the display on my cd player hardly has anything to do with that. You can go deaf with a 50 dollar cd player in your car

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Not really.. my cd player is pretty basic and most Alpines are. Mine rotates out to change the cd and thats about it.... I just think the slot in the face is pretty ugly.

lol the flip up function on mine is one button that you dont even have to push...

Neither do I... thats Pioneer not Alpine... Alpine has a scrolling display that says the current song lol. I dont know what cd players you are looking at but 90% of the Alpines out there are not that showy.

That's all I got.... lol

You get what you pay for... you dont have to pay for the top of the line CD player but you buy a cheap cd player and thats what you get.. no matter what brand. 200-250 dollars gets you a solid cd player that isnt too showy. If you want show you can spen 400 dollars on one... mine cost me 280 dollars brand new 4 years ago....
Quote:
That really doesnt have anything to do with the cd player. Plus the lower end model cd players have low voltage pre outs.

Again... slight over exaggeration here... the 199 dollar Alpine I posted is hardly "dazzling"

Probably so... but the display on my cd player hardly has anything to do with that. You can go deaf with a 50 dollar cd player in your car
Actually the Alpine's are not dazzling but all the silver and green is just kind of funky. I am not after 99 dollar specials but around 200-250 retail which can be had around 150-175 if you shop around like I am doing. I have not ruled out Alpine but I am leaning more towards Clarion ProAudio
Old 02-15-2006, 10:07 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Don't rule out eclipse, I'm not a big fan of their new stuff, but the headunit I have I absolutely love. I've been through several headunits, used to only go with pioneers. After listening to a ton of cd players, eclipse was the highest quality I could find at a decent price. 3 sets of preamps, 6v preamps all the way around. No fancy lights, very simple in design, two large knobs to control most of the cd player. It has a flip down face, but very easy to operate.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:48 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via AIM to maaudio81 Send a message via Yahoo to maaudio81

try here i have gotten good stuff from them for cheap www.cardiscountstereos.com
diablo chip
true dual flowmaster exhuast
CAI
headmen headers (shorties)
leather seats
5% window tint all around
97 cobra rear sway bar
97 cobra strut tower brace
future mods
5 spd swap
lambo doors
ud pulleys
performance intake
dual turbo kit
70 mm throtle body
75 mm maf sensor
1/4 mile time 14.42@98.9 mph
maaudio81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #42
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Have you purchased anything yet?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:08 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Have you purchased anything yet?
Only the speakers. I am going to wait for a couple of weeks before I decide. I have narrowed my list to 3 receivers and 2 amps. I am not in a big hurry
Old 05-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana

I have a 2 channel MTX amp...around here they are the best amp around...my brother has had his now for 6 yrs and itws till hitting hard!
Debras96stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

I ended up buying a Profile 1040 4 channel amp and it kicks hard. It is more than enough power to supply the 6X8 infinity's in the front and the very bad *** Infinity 6X9's in the back
Old 05-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana

Good for you Danger Dude......hope your system isnt drawing attention away from your stang...lol yours oddly enough looks dead up like mine except mine has a bug shield on the front to cover up the hole in the front bumper...lol ran into my teachers truck on accident....oops :whistle:
Debras96stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video