Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Carbon fiber interior kit?

5K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  HotRod.riguez 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a good place to get one? In particular, Im looking for something to cover the entire bezel that surrounds the shifter (the cup-shaped area) and not just around the edges as most kits offer.

#6 ·
If there is enough market for this I can start doing a real carbon fiber interior kit. It would take me a little while to get it going b/c of the molds and such, but once that was done it'd be easy. Just dunno if there's really a market for this or not.

#7 · (Edited)
prolly not. most people rice out civics........:D

though im sure theres shitloads of stuff on ebay for CF trim on mustangs.

acual cf pieces will cost a whole lot, theres so much work involved. its like fiberglassing but so much harder, cause youre doing 1 layer with a continuous sheet that must wrap around everything, and conform to shapes perfect. i can only imagine how much a pain in the ass laying CF must be. easier to just get the CF vinyl sticker molds.

#8 ·
Yes it's a major pita, but if ppl are willing to pay for real carbon fiber, I'd be more than willing to do it. Shoot, I'll do an entire carbon fiber interior if someone wants to pay the money. Reinforce it with kevlar honeycomb, you could hit it with a hammer and not leave a mark. But of course...it would cost some money lol

#9 · (Edited)
lowflyn said:
Yes it's a major pita, but if ppl are willing to pay for real carbon fiber, I'd be more than willing to do it. Shoot, I'll do an entire carbon fiber interior if someone wants to pay the money. Reinforce it with kevlar honeycomb, you could hit it with a hammer and not leave a mark. But of course...it would cost some money lol
I might be interested in a kit, I have been shopping around for one on ebay for while.

#10 ·
I haven't gotten around to molding the interior yet. I'm currently working on getting my first product out, more on that next week hopefully..

#12 ·
905Customs.com can do anything for you. They did my entire interior in REAL CARBON FIBER

Attachments

#17 ·
WhiteStang99 said:
lowflyn is making interior pieces that are 100% CF, not just a CF sticker.
Those aren't just stickers either, it's actual carbon fiber, it's just overlaid on the pieces. I'm just making entire carbon fiber pieces, instead of using the factory pieces as backing.

#19 ·
Well, one of the partners started spending money and not making parts and not doing his part. The business is now default and we're trying to figure out where to go next. We have material still, just nowhere to do the molding.

#21 ·
Yupp, and I have no sidescoops at all now lol. I need to find a set, the white duct tape looks weird after a few months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.