Fiberglass dashboard - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
Fiberglass dashboard

Where would one go to get one of these done? I have seen lots of tuner with the custom fronts for TV mounting, and things in the middle and back seat, you know crazy stuff. Is there anything on the net or do I have to find a shop? Where do I go??!!

HotRod.riguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Fiberglass dashboard

It would have to be custom, and they would probably have to remove the dash or you would have to get another one to cast the mold from. They are a PITA im sure for daily driving as they will reflect crap right into your eyes if you paint them and what not. I have seen covers in carpet, but a nice full leather covering as they do in ferrari's or what not would look pretty nice IF done right.

2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

You would need to find a shop to do it or you can take up fiberglassing and do it yourself for very cheap. You will pay a lot because of all the labor involved if you go to a shop. Like Spec said, a nicely done leather dash would look very nice.
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: California

Like its already been said, the labor cost will kill you. If you have the money, look fort a customs shop that is up to the task.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:45 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

youre looking at LOTS of money. most those "custom" cars are owned by the shops, so its a freebie cause its their show cars. or the owners get a hookup, or theyre rich.

man i love fiberglassing, but a whole dash, goddamn, i dont even want to think about the amount of time that it would take. i can see if you wanted to add a few things like maybe a speaker pod for tweets up in the dash, or a pod for gauges over the center console.

wrapping it in vinyl/leather/tweed isnt that hard, just gotta have finesse. i wouldnt recomment a smooth glossy finish, that will kill the eyes.

what exactly are you looking to do, full dash, add ons?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video