Subs and Amp? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Subs and Amp?

I've been looking around and I am just wondering.. I've got a 2004 v6 Convertible and I'd like to know what full setup would fit in the trunk and give me that nice bass. I need an AMP and a subwoofer that'll fit in the back nice and snug.

v0nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Subs and Amp?

I think most types and brands of subs and amps will work in your 04. I know guys have used 10" and 12"'s in the trunk with a custom box. I think 10" are the tallest you can go sitting upright, and that was in a coupe trunk, not sure if the verts have less room.
I think you can wire the subs right into the mach 460 (I'm guessing you have it since you have a premium vert.)...not really an audio expert.

I know a guy that put an Alpine Type R and a MRD 300 amp in his 01. He was pretty happy with it. Definitely gave him the bass bump he wanted.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

You'll need a line output coverter which you can get at best buy. I'd actually get one of those 50 dollar vr3 amps at wal mart they will make it bump alot harder than you think. Go to best buy get the single 10 or 12 inch ported single sub box its black you'll know what i'm talking about its looks pretty kool then pick out whatever sub you want. If you don't know how to wire it just say so and I'll tell you exactly how or someone else will alot of us on here have done it before.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

^^^There you go, someone with some audio know how...that should get you started.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not very sure how to wire a stang with audio ajustments. My bro has does his Pontiac with kicker subs and amp but it would be a great help if you could tell me the wiring. Do I have to buy a new radio since it is a stock radio?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well you have to find a way to hook up the audio cables which is either gonna be a new aftermarket stereo or a line output converter which you hook four wires to the rear speaker wires behind the stereo then it has a plug in for the rca cables. You'll run the rca cables to the rear then hook them into the amp in the trunk. You will also need to get a power wire from the battery through the firewall (there is actually a rubber plug that you just poke a hole in that v6's have lucky basterds lol) take that power wire to the back and hook it up to the amp. Then run a ground wire from the amp to a metal bolt that holds the rear seat in place (there are more places but i found it to be the best one) Then you take regular speaker wire and run it to the amp solid wire from positive to positive wire with a stripe from neg to neg. If you have any more questions just ask when I had my v6 I did prolly a million different system setups I'm very familiar with it.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
Well you have to find a way to hook up the audio cables which is either gonna be a new aftermarket stereo or a line output converter which you hook four wires to the rear speaker wires behind the stereo then it has a plug in for the rca cables. You'll run the rca cables to the rear then hook them into the amp in the trunk. You will also need to get a power wire from the battery through the firewall (there is actually a rubber plug that you just poke a hole in that v6's have lucky basterds lol) take that power wire to the back and hook it up to the amp. Then run a ground wire from the amp to a metal bolt that holds the rear seat in place (there are more places but i found it to be the best one) Then you take regular speaker wire and run it to the amp solid wire from positive to positive wire with a stripe from neg to neg. If you have any more questions just ask when I had my v6 I did prolly a million different system setups I'm very familiar with it.
Your awesome thanks for the help. I'll probably just got with some kicker subs 10" or 12" and make the enclosure just right because I've got about 13" in the trunk.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

If you need anymore help just ask.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video