Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Custom Emblems

3K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  SVTCOBRA 
#1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone has made their own emblems? Kind of a cut and paste sort of thing?

I had some extra time on my hands and drew some stuff up. I was liking the Blue Oval with the tri-bar going threw it.

If I find a way to post the pictures I drew I will. (Don't look at the wax around the edges of the pony emblem.)

I also took a picture of the Blue Oval off from an 99-03 deck lid and propped it.

#2 ·
That'd definitely be unique...not something you'd see on another mustang.

I thought about taking the fender tri bar pony emblem and cutting off the tri bar part and using just the running pony on the back square of decklid opposite the ford oval. But I got to looking at the emblem and the tri bar part fills in the space between the feet...too much hassle for me.

#4 ·
Yeah this is were I was planing on putting the emblems, on the fender. or I was thinking just putting the blue oval were the tri-bar pony is and putting a blue oval (from the back of a newer F Series tailgate) and putting that in the grille with a tri-bar.

#6 ·
yeah you caught me,
like the saying goes "like father like son".

But I want the red white and blue tri-bar with it. So it is not as obvious.

#7 ·
Ok,
So Ive been looking at my grille. Since I need to cut the mold that holds the pony in place out I would need to make a mold for the Blue Oval. How should I go by making a mold for the Blue Oval?

#8 ·
hmm I dont think a blue oval will look good in place of the pony, it will make the car look like it has a blue nose on it.

#9 ·
Ok I kinda picture what your saying. But what you think about the Blue Oval on the fenders were the tri-bar pony is then?

#10 ·
I like the "powered by ford" emblems that come on the Shelby GT's for the sides over a blue oval. I like the running pony/tri bar better than any of them... its looks better than the GT badges or anything else, one of my Fav side badges. I like how the Mach 1's have them as well.

#11 ·
Im really not a big fan of the pony that much because everyone already knows that it is a Mustang. You know.

Maybe I will just buy two Blue Ovals and two "Powered by Ford" emblems and see what I like.

I hate making hard decisions.

#13 ·
Ok so a quick question before I start takin stuff off. Lets say I take off the fender emblems and I don't like my idea, is there a way to put the old tri-bar pony emblems back on(since the adhesive black stuff is off)? If so what kind of double sided tape should I use or should I use double sided tape? 3M ok or do I need new emblems altogether?

#14 ·
you can put it back on but I would ONLY use 3m tape to re stick it.

When taking them off be VERY careful and tape up the area with a few layers of tape to protect the paint. Use Fishing line to pull the sticky off, I would heat the areas up a bit but not to much.

Take your time and you can get them off without breaking them~ once off use your fingers to roll off any sticky left and then use wax to take off any residue.

#15 ·
When taking them off be VERY careful and tape up the area with a few layers of tape to protect the paint. Use Fishing line to pull the sticky off, I would heat the areas up a bit but not to much.

Take your time and you can get them off without breaking them~ once off use your fingers to roll off any sticky left and then use wax to take off any residue.
Yeap that is what I did when I took off the "Mustang" rocker panel stripe.

Thanks for the reminder.

#16 ·
you may want to go lite on the 3m tape when putting on the new emblems so they are easier to remove if you end up not liking them~

#17 ·
I was thinking about mocking them up before I place them on. So I can line them up and all that good stuff. But I know what you mean when you say go lite on the 3m tape. My buddy put too much on his and he peeled the paint, which sucks.

#19 ·
I cut off the Bars on my 97 V6, but looked to plane~ the bars look good to me, but its different and it does look good.

#22 ·
Yah that'd probably work good. My only concern was the piece of tri bar in between the legs, but I see you left yours in there and it's barely noticeable after being painted. I'd probably paint it black as well.

#24 ·
Good to know...I was gonna put on the left square on the rear of the decklid...I have the full tri bar pony right now and wanted to try something different. So I'd probably use 3M tape on the back of it.

#25 ·
The dermel that I use has different attachments. I have an attachment that is small enough to get between the ponies legs (haha). The attachment is cone shaped. But what I did was poked a little hole in the middle and used the cone to get rid of the rest.

But I just started cutting up some of the emblems and I really don't know how I feel about it now.

#26 · (Edited)
Ok So when I got home from work I took off the pony emblems from the fenders.

If anyone with a 2005-2009 V6 is interested the emblems do have the guiding holes. Two to be exact.

Tomorrow I will do some more cutting of the tri-bar to put it on the Blue Oval. Hopefully I don't screw up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.