Roush Insert for back bumper (vinyl decal) - Need to directions 2 install correctly? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #1

Region: New Jersey
Roush Insert for back bumper (vinyl decal) - Need to directions 2 install correctly?

I bought a roush vinyl insert for my back bumper (underneath the mustang lettering) but didn't receive directions w/ it.

I had bought a diff vinyl decal for the bumper 2 yrs ago n tried installing it and the decal just got all stuck together n just didn't work so i had to throw it out

I do not want to make the same mistake twice so I'd appreciate it if someobody coud give me some step by step instruction on how to install this vinyl decal correctly w/o it getting all screwed up??
sk8brdkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Roush Insert for back bumper (vinyl decal) - Need to directions 2 install correct

Clean the area very thoroughly and wipe dry.

Get a spray bottle and mix 2 drops soap (dishwashing liquid) to a bottle of water.

Spray the bumper and the sticky side of the vinyl, you don't have to soak them down but get a good coating on there.

Carefully place the decal in the location. I find it easier to start at one side and work to the other.

The soap/water mixture will allow you to move it slightly and get the bubbles out of it. Use a credit card or something similar to get bubbles out. Start in the middle and work to the edges removing any bubbles that appear.

Let dry and enjoy your new vinyl.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Roush Insert for back bumper (vinyl decal) - Need to directions 2 install correct

Lowflyn pretty much covered the install.

I'd like to add that you may see a couple of air bubbles pop up after you've worked them out...most of the time exposure to heat (sun) will work them out afterwards.

Also, I'd wrap the credit card with a paper towel or something soft that won't scratch the surface of the vinyl or your paint. Not doing so can create small scratches and marks that'll you notice afterwards.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

A little, i mean a little heat works also. I was asking the guy who tinted my windows what he does for vinyls and he said the same as low but he had a heatgun and quickly passes over the vinyl. Be careful thats all...
Stumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video