Precision Power? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Precision Power?

Anybody heard of them?

Welcome to Precision Power

looking at the specs, it sounds a little weaker than my audiobahn 1300HCT that pushes my Audiobahn 12" Eternal. then again, i never ran that system to its fullest, and had most of it turned down and still was too much bass.

the way the system sits now, its a Alpine head unit(without an internal amp) that feeds into a Precision Power PCX 480, that feeds some "high end" components that were retrofitted into the mach units. sounds awesome mid and high, has zero bass(i believe due to the amps crossover)

the dude gave me a second PCX 480 and another smaller amp of the same make(different model) for free, cause he was gonna do more to the cobra, but decided to get a beamer and doesnt want to do anything now.

im thinking on utilizing the two amps since theyre exact. using my old box design, but instead of the audiobahn 1300HCT in the middle, each PCX480 would sit on each side, under a plexiglass screen, or flush mount so just the tops were visible. my thoughts are, "its a freebie, it matches the current amp, is alot cleaner than the audiobahn amp thats scratched and LED's are burnt out, and would make for a sweet looking install"

or should i just re-mount the PCX already in there to make room for my old design, and use the tried and true Audiobahn 1300HCT with the Audiobahn 12" Eternal i already have, that would basically all be plug and play(just gotta drill new holes)

or should i start a new design? and no, fiberglassing is NOT an option, not getting any of that resin anywhere near this redfire.

btw, you should see how they did the install. 100% professional. i am in awe over the attention to detail the installers had. every harness is wrapped in electrical tape all nice and professional, they did a "Me" ground(use a small wire wheel on a dremmel to remove paint on a fresh ground spot to ensure a super ground).

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Re: Precision Power?

never heard of them...

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I haven't, but if they have good specs and ESPECIALLY a warranty, I would give it a try. What's the price?

Old 09-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

free.

the cobra came with one of the PCX 480's thats running the interior speakers off of an alpine head unit(the model # escapes me but its 350 used on ebay if i want to sell it if that tells you anything. it doesnt have an internal amp so it needs external ones). then when we drove to the guys storage unit, he gave me his stock box with all the pullies n ****. he then tripped over another box and was like "oh ****, totally forgot about these, here, umm, you use them" and it was a box with a brand new second PCX 480 and a smaller amp half the size but of the same brand.

like i said, everything about this guys setup is top notch $$$. he mustve walked into the car audio store and they saw a middle aged white guy with money, and knew just how to bend him over. they mustve made so much money off him its unreal, i doubt the previous owner even haggled with the audio place, just said i need loudness and they made a list and he said "sure why the hell not?" and signed off on the work. like i said though, they set up the amp very nicely, and unless you knew car audio, youd think it was something that came with the car.

btw, were talking about a new setup for use on the cobra, not modifying the one on the GT(which is back to stock, you wouldnt know i had a setup unless i pointed out the mounting holes). im still trying to figure out my plan of attack for this beast, and how i want to set everything up. trust me when i say this, "you aint seen nothin' yet".

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Yes PPI makes some pretty good stuff .

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video