FM transmitter - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: FM transmitter

mine's an Fm transmitter that is hardwired to my head unit. the main difference is that mine works through an FM station where your's works through the aux jack and uses the aux output. but as far as interference, it is minimal at worst. for the most part, it's non-exsistent. wireless transmitters suck. hardwired, if you don't have the option of the almighty ipod jack in the back of your head unit, is the optimal way to go.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #37

OK, this may seem like a dumb question, but I can't find my stinkin' owner's manual for the solution.

I have an FM transmitter for my MP3 player (it's a Creative Micro, not an Ipod... but it works fine . It works great in the mornings, when the FM frequency I'm using has a very weak signal. But in the afternoons, that signal is stronger, which makes my MP3 player sound suck.

The instructions for the FM transmitter say to find an UNUSED FM frequency, and this is where I need some help. I have a 99 GT and the stereo has the usual Seek & Scan, "up" and "down" functions... but I cannot figure out how to manually enter a specific frequency number. The functions don't give me any control... they find frequencies that are IN USE.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find a FM frequency that is NOT in use, so I can sychronize it with my FM transmitter and get good reception on my MP3 player?

Thanks!
2Fast4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #38

I have a 99 GT -- and an FM transmitter and MP3 player.

Can anyone tell me how to manually set an FM frequency on my stereo? I'm blonde and can't figure it out.

With the usual buttons (seek, scan, up & down, etc.) -- I can only find frequencies that are in use... not a good match with my FM transmitter and MP3 player!

I can't find my owner's manual, so if anyone could tell me how to set an UNUSED frequency, so I can sync it with my FM transmitter and MP3 player, I'd be much obliged!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

i found unused stations by using the seek button and just pressing it once each time it changed frequency. that button should be how you fine tune it. once you find a usable station, lock it in.

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #40

I'll give that a try.

Thanks Stumpy... or Roman

"Ragtops Rule!"
Old 04-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

anytime. hopefully it works for you. what kind of transmitter do you have?

Old 04-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #42

Ummm.... a cheap one. Can't recall the brand; I haven't used it in a while. It's a couple of years old. It worked fine long ago when I used with a frequency that was very weak at the time. But that station has since gotten stronger... hence my quest to figure out how to find and lock in an unused frequency. My MP3 player is a Creative Zen Micro -- it's a couple of years old, too.

One of these days I'll upgrade and get newer stuff... perhaps including a newer Mustang!

My 99 GT has 165,355 miles on her (I have a long commute). Had to replace the intake manifold a few months ago, but otherwise she's been running strong and looks mighty fine. There's no way I'd get anything for her on a trade or sale with that many miles, so I guess I'll just keep her until she dies.

But the new ones sure are purdy!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

if you can, go with a hard wire install when you do replace the current transmitter. less interference.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #44

Region: Virginia

Aux. input ipod all the way
I once got pulled over and the cop said, "Why were you going so fast?" I said, "Why? Because I had my foot to the floor. Sends more gas through the carburetor. Makes the engine go faster. The whole car just takes off like that." I said, "See this? This steers it." -----lmao
speakerboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to AlexJ

I have a wireless fm transmitter for my ipod. It worked great for awhile and then all the sudden I hear my cars acceleration coming from my speakers?!? I figure a resistor is burnt out or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:56 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Do you have an aftermarket sound system installed? Speakers? Subs? Amps? That problem is usually traced back to improper wiring (power/ground and audio cables too close).
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I do but I don't think its coming from that. I can play cds and the radio just fine. I hear it when i plug the transmitter in and play music.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Well I don't understand why it's just from the FM transmitter. Unless the transmitter is picking up another frequency. Are you sure it's from the engine? Are you able to change the frequency and it still happens? The engine would have to be operating at the same frequency the transmitter is receiving, and if it is changing the frequency would fix it. Check the radio at whichever station you normally have your iPod set too and the engine should still come through. I would double check the wiring, and listen to the radio and play CDs to see if there is any sort of noise interference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I've changed the frequency tp a higher unused channel and I'm not hearing it now. Thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video