Can i get your opinion? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Can i get your opinion?

So, I've been thinking of what I can do to make my 2004 screaming yellow v6 look mean, and I think I have a list of things to do. I just wanted to see what other people thought about it.

1. Powdercoat/anodize/paint aluminum stock wheels matte black.

2. Matte black racing stripes 10in each.

3. Painted on black out panel matte black.

4. Smoked taillights

And maybe new housings up front with no sun damage, maybe lightly smoked.

Btw, already have tinted windows, vinyl mustang insert in back and a gt hoodscoop.

Your thoughts? Anything that you think I could change? Btw, the budget for this is under $1200.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Sounds good but, idk if I'd get the stock rims painted.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
v0nz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 73
Re: Can i get your opinion?

This are too mean, I dont know if you can handle them.


Mustang Rear Window Louvers (94-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
__________________
Proud 2004 v6 3.8L Pony Owner.

v0nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Can i get your opinion?

I would lose the sticker on the back window, but everything else seems ok, besides stock wheels. Jump on Craigslist and get ya some used aftermarkets for cheap! Just my $.02!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
I would lose the sticker on the back window, but everything else seems ok, besides stock wheels. Jump on Craigslist and get ya some used aftermarkets for cheap! Just my $.02!
By vinyl insert I mean the mustang lettering on the back bumper is black
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
I would lose the sticker on the back window, but everything else seems ok, besides stock wheels. Jump on Craigslist and get ya some used aftermarkets for cheap! Just my $.02!
And, I just got new tires... So, aftermarket wheels would make me have to get knew ones...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang
Sounds good but, idk if I'd get the stock rims painted.
I've seen them done before and they look really nice black.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

I've seen them done before and they look really nice black.
Well, it's an opinion. And I see your previous comment about the tires. If you like it then go for it.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang

Well, it's an opinion. And I see your previous comment about the tires. If you like it then go for it.
Yeah, idk, I'll keep my eyes open and ask around. Who knows, someone could be selling some nice wheels.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Yeah, idk, I'll keep my eyes open and ask around. Who knows, someone could be selling some nice wheels.
Yea. I think bullits look nice. But go for what you like.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang

Yea. I think bullits look nice. But go for what you like.
I do too, but 03-04 cobras in black are some of my favorite... But bullitts are expensive used even.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

I do too, but 03-04 cobras in black are some of my favorite... But bullitts are expensive used even.
Yea. The cobra rims look good also. I might get some satin ones for my coupe.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:00 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kpd3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 728
Re: Can i get your opinion?

I have always thought the mach 1 chin spoiler gives the car a more aggressive look in the front and a lower appearance for cheap money. If the car isn't lowered than I would go that route as well, you can get springs cheap and it dramatically changes the appearance of the car, if it isn't already.
Kpd3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:04 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
I have always thought the mach 1 chin spoiler gives the car a more aggressive look in the front and a lower appearance for cheap money. If the car isn't lowered than I would go that route as well, you can get springs cheap and it dramatically changes the appearance of the car, if it isn't already.
Yeah, I considered getting the chin spoiler... Then, the next day I pulled into 7/11 and scraped the bottom of my bumper. For me it's just not possible...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:06 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Yeah, I considered getting the chin spoiler... Then, the next day I pulled into 7/11 and scraped the bottom of my bumper. For me it's just not possible...
Lol. That sucks.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:10 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kpd3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Texas
Posts: 728
Re: Can i get your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Yeah, I considered getting the chin spoiler... Then, the next day I pulled into 7/11 and scraped the bottom of my bumper. For me it's just not possible...
That does suck, then I wouldn't lower the car either. You might have to start doing the same as the rest of us, that ol half angled entering the dip turn we all do....
Kpd3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 AM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Can i get your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
By vinyl insert I mean the mustang lettering on the back bumper is black
My bad, I thought you meant a sticker on the window, lol!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Can i get your opinion?

the most dramatic changes come from lowering the car and putting 17 or 18 inch rims on it
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang

Lol. That sucks.
Haha, yeah. No damage really, it just scraped the piece where the chin spoiler would be.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
the most dramatic changes come from lowering the car and putting 17 or 18 inch rims on it
Yeah, I'm looking at lowering my car after all if this. Maybe some h&r supersports?
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
I had Monroe gas matic shocks.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 703
Re: Can i get your opinion?

you need new rims, i wouldnt paint the stocks, they are too small
__________________

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Can i get your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Yeah, I'm looking at lowering my car after all if this. Maybe some h&r supersports?
H&R make a great spring, I have their H&R race spring. I would personally go with the supersports for a softer ride or the race for a better handling setup (stiffer ride)

but if you go supersports you may wish to consider ordering the polyurathane isolators to raise the car back up a bit to offset some of the lowering as the supersports drop the car a TON. Just a thought of course. You may love the drop but it will scrape~ you can always put the taller isolators in later on if you think its to low~

You will need caster/camber plates and the only ones I like are maximum motorsports 4 bolt CC plates. If you have higher miles may as well get some shocks/struts to match rate on springs (not a have to just something to think about as well)
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV

H&R make a great spring, I have their H&R race spring. I would personally go with the supersports for a softer ride or the race for a better handling setup (stiffer ride)

but if you go supersports you may wish to consider ordering the polyurathane isolators to raise the car back up a bit to offset some of the lowering as the supersports drop the car a TON. Just a thought of course. You may love the drop but it will scrape~ you can always put the taller isolators in later on if you think its to low~

You will need caster/camber plates and the only ones I like are maximum motorsports 4 bolt CC plates. If you have higher miles may as well get some shocks/struts to match rate on springs (not a have to just something to think about as well)
Thanks for your input. I've been looking at cc plates, but the isolators I never thought about. All together with shocks, springs, cc plates, isolators, and installation I'm looking at over 900...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Can i get your opinion?

well honestly you can just do CC plates and springs and see how it is, later on you can replace shocks/struts etc.

installation is EASY do it yourself with a few basic tools and a friends help. The isolators may not be needed, they are only useful to me to raise the car back up if its to low.

So 250 springs, 200 cc plates = half the price at 450 (plus alignment, so 50-60 more~)
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
well honestly you can just do CC plates and springs and see how it is, later on you can replace shocks/struts etc.

installation is EASY do it yourself with a few basic tools and a friends help. The isolators may not be needed, they are only useful to me to raise the car back up if its to low.

So 250 springs, 200 cc plates = half the price at 450 (plus alignment, so 50-60 more~)
Hmm, that is something to consider.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
You can just drop it first. CC plates may not be necessary. Try to get it aligned first. Mine is lowered and alignment is good. No CC plates needed.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #28
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 4
Re: Can i get your opinion?

Everything sounds good to me, but IMO you might want to tweak the black rims a little bit. Maybe get a small can of the yellow paint and paint the edges of the rim just to break up the black on black. The rims kind of get lost in the mix and look like the Civics with the hubcaps popped off.
Ripastanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripastanky
Everything sounds good to me, but IMO you might want to tweak the black rims a little bit. Maybe get a small can of the yellow paint and paint the edges of the rim just to break up the black on black. The rims kind of get lost in the mix and look like the Civics with the hubcaps popped off.
Ha, weird, I just asked a friend at work last night what he thought and he said the same thing. I'll consider it, it would look really nice.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Can i get your opinion?

chances are with the high drop level H&R race give you will require an alignment as mostly the sock CC plates have zero adjustment so there is really nothing an alignment shop can do.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
chances are with the high drop level H&R race give you will require an alignment as mostly the sock CC plates have zero adjustment so there is really nothing an alignment shop can do.
If I'm correct, the supersports give you an even lower drop than the race springs. So... I'll definitely need cc plates to fix the camber.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Can i get your opinion?

My buddy has a Zinc yellow 01 GT with most of the things you have on your list...and it looks pretty mean.

I personally would look for some cheap black rims with tires (at least 17's). If you can't find or afford wider wheels for the rears, get some wheel spacers ~1" for around $100 and push the slimmer ones out...they'll still look good.

If you want black wheels, you need plenty of black accents.

The stripes are a nice touch, the black panel will set the rear off nicely. I'd also suggest some black vinyl bumper inserts, black fuel door, possibly a matte black spoiler (like the Mach 1's), and a chin spoiler if you can clear driveways/speed bumps.

Lowering the car will really set it off and make it look mean. I'd definitely consider some type of drop for the car..even if it's 1.25"...anything's better than the 4x4 stock look.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
My buddy has a Zinc yellow 01 GT with most of the things you have on your list...and it looks pretty mean.

I personally would look for some cheap black rims with tires (at least 17's). If you can't find or afford wider wheels for the rears, get some wheel spacers ~1" for around $100 and push the slimmer ones out...they'll still look good.

If you want black wheels, you need plenty of black accents.

The stripes are a nice touch, the black panel will set the rear off nicely. I'd also suggest some black vinyl bumper inserts, black fuel door, possibly a matte black spoiler (like the Mach 1's), and a chin spoiler if you can clear driveways/speed bumps.

Lowering the car will really set it off and make it look mean. I'd definitely consider some type of drop for the car..even if it's 1.25"...anything's better than the 4x4 stock look.
Cool, I already have the vinyl inserts. I've been looking at the fuel doors and those are definitely an option. My only problem is the chin spoiler. I love the look of them, but I was considering lowering it, and I wouldn't clear anything with both.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Can i get your opinion?

Well, if you can do one or the other, definitely go with lowering springs...mustangs look 110% better dropped, and I'm sure there isn't an owner out there who wouldn't agree.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Well, if you can do one or the other, definitely go with lowering springs...mustangs look 110% better dropped, and I'm sure there isn't an owner out there who wouldn't agree.
Yeah, what about coilovers? Are they worth the extra $?
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinion Rosco The Bar 23 01-06-2011 08:35 PM
I need your opinion,what would you do? tvsr Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 12 06-23-2010 08:14 AM
I want your opinion iwannagofast Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 05-19-2007 10:20 AM
just have to say my opinion on something... Cajun JungleBoy The Bar 21 01-09-2007 09:56 PM
What's Your Opinion? mydi777 The Bar 80 03-15-2005 12:49 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:50 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.