Mach 1000 Add-on
These are instructions to add the Mach 1000 subwoofers to an existing Mach 460 system
Start by folding your back seats down
What you'll need:
1 Roll of 16-18 gauge speaker wire
20 ft of 4 gauge power wire
5 ft of 4 gauge ground wire
Red colored butt splices ( 8 )
Red colored tap and runs ( 3 )
Yellow colored butt splices ( 2 )
Skill Knife (opt)
1. Start by snipping the two large factory sockets on the back of the amp rack on the bottom after placing the amp rack in the trunk.
2. Using the red butt splices, strip 1/2 in and connect approximately 6 inches of 16-18 gauge speaker wire to the black/green, purple/blue, and white/purple wires. These will be your power and ground wires. I used a skill knife to cut the wires out of the harness to make stripping easier.
3. Twist the speaker wire connected to the white/purple and purple/blue wires together, and separately twist the black/green wires together
4. Using one of the larger yellow butt splices, connect the white/purple, blue/purple wires to the 4 gauge power wire (after you have stripped the end of the all of the wires). It may require some wire trimming
5. Connect the black/green wires to the 4 gauge ground wire using the yellow butt splice
6. Route the power wire through the cabin through the firewall, and to the battery. DO NOT CONNECT TO THE BATTERY YET
7.Find a sufficient ground to connect the ground to, may require drilling. Connect the 5 ft ground to your location
8. On the passenger side factory Mach amp, disconnect the 3 wire socket (directed away from cabin)
9. Using the red tap and runs, splice approximately 2-3 ft of speaker wire to each of the three wires.
10. Route the wires to the corresponding colored black/grey, blue/red, and green/black wires on the smaller 4 wire Mach 1000 harness. The black wire is not used
11. Strip the ends of both wires and connect the same colored wires together using the red butt crimps
12. Going back to the engine bay, disconnect the negative battery terminal and connect the Mach 1000 positive to the battery's positive terminal.
13. Reconnect the factory amp harness (be patient, this can be delicate). Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
14. Place the 2 subwoofers in the trunk and connect them.
15. Check for operation.
16. Secure amp rack and subs to the mounting plates
6 wire harness:
4 wire harness:
Grey/Black-remote turn on
Blue/red-positive speaker signal Green/black-negative speaker signal Black-unused
2 Legit 2 Quit