Asap response speaker - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Asap response speaker

So I have my driver door pulled apart and the door sub doesn't work I have an extra stock speaker I have tested and it too doesn't work somewhere from where the speaker plugs in to the head unit isn't working I just thought the speaker wasn't in there but it is.. Just doesn't work hasn't ever worked not even when my head unit was stock where is the exact location of the amp also?
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
HoeHoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Virginia
Posts: 13
Re: Asap response speaker

what system is in the car?
HoeHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Was the shaker 500 just found out one of the stock amps is missing
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
HoeHoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Virginia
Posts: 13
Re: Asap response speaker

yup! that will do it....
HoeHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoeHoe
yup! that will do it....
I wonder why one just isnt there that's so stupid
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Time for upgrade
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
HoeHoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Virginia
Posts: 13
Alpine time!!!!
HoeHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009
Time for upgrade
Yeah that's so true I put in a new head unit and sub but as the audio guru you know just tweets and sub with no midrange = terrible system so mid range is my current downfall
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11

Yeah that's so true I put in a new head unit and sub but as the audio guru you know just tweets and sub with no midrange = terrible system so mid range is my current downfall
Try some components?

Edit: haha, oops, just realized your problem.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Get 2 amps highs and mids I had 2 10" for the 2400 watt amp and a 1000 for the other speakers
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Re: Asap response speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009 View Post
Get 2 amps highs and mids I had 2 10" for the 2400 watt amp and a 1000 for the other speakers
I bet that BUMPED!! i have a good question maybe you can answer so i have rear window louvers, and they rattle when the sub hits, bounce off the window..what would you recommend i do to stop that? i was thinking maybe some sort of rubber stopper in the center of each louver.
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11

I bet that BUMPED!! i have a good question maybe you can answer so i have rear window louvers, and they rattle when the sub hits, bounce off the window..what would you recommend i do to stop that? i was thinking maybe some sort of rubber stopper in the center of each louver.
Where does it rattle? I used a putty nothing to outrageous it was like play-dough and little pieces where it would hit
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009
Get 2 amps highs and mids I had 2 10" for the 2400 watt amp and a 1000 for the other speakers
2 12" sorry
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009

Where does it rattle? I used a putty nothing to outrageous it was like play-dough and little pieces where it would hit
Wow awesome my trunk lid rattles too that should work for that too huh? Your the audio man!
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:18 AM   #15
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Depending on what it is you might have to use dynomatt if it's a spoiler what I did was I got a bike tube and And removed the spoiler and put it under and tightened it good it never rattled again
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
1gt289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11
So I have my driver door pulled apart and the door sub doesn't work I have an extra stock speaker I have tested and it too doesn't work somewhere from where the speaker plugs in to the head unit isn't working I just thought the speaker wasn't in there but it is.. Just doesn't work hasn't ever worked not even when my head unit was stock where is the exact location of the amp also?
There usually in the trunk near the rear speakers, that's where mine where.
1gt289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gt289

There usually in the trunk near the rear speakers, that's where mine where.
They're actually up in the driver kick panel by the brakes
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
1gt289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11

They're actually up in the driver kick panel by the brakes
O ok I have an older car that's prolly why I was so off lol
1gt289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gt289

O ok I have an older car that's prolly why I was so off lol
It came with stock amps too that's pretty sick
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #20
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
94 and up all did I believe
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
1gt289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11

It came with stock amps too that's pretty sick
Yea as was mine I changed them out for something more powerful lol
1gt289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need help asap! Dubya11 General Car Discussion 5 07-20-2011 07:28 AM
Any 2011 AT owners out there -- weird throttle response? illestdomer2005 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 5 07-09-2011 01:36 PM
need opinions ASAP! 04TRV6 General Mustang Discussion 59 07-08-2011 09:34 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:16 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.