cleaning question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #1

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via ICQ to shamdoodie Send a message via AIM to shamdoodie Send a message via Yahoo to shamdoodie
cleaning question

i have a friend that had someone spray some aerosal sun tanning lotion in his mustang and its all over the inside of his windshield causing a horiible tin-looking-effect and he cant get rid of it. He said he tried papertowels with simple green, windex, even vinegar and newspaper, and no luck. Worst part about it is that it happened in May so its been sun-baked for 4 months and he still hasnt gotten it off. does anyone have any suggestions short of him buying a new windshield?

drive it like you stole it... just dont wreck it.
shamdoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: cleaning question

i would try and claybar it, i mean, if it works for the outside of the car, it may work for the inside as well. also, try a baking soda/water mixture, that may also help

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to crazeflier07

Goo-Gone??? That stuff is great but i dont know if it will work with that problem.
~Jon~

Sinister Six
1998 3.8L V6
Done So Far:
~CAI, True dual exhaust, UDPs, MGW Shifter, H&R springs, Stage 1 & 2 supension kit, performance rotors & pads, steel braided lines, 1 inch rear spacers, A.R. Rebel 17x9s with BFG rubber! :thumbs2:
crazeflier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to shamdoodie Send a message via AIM to shamdoodie Send a message via Yahoo to shamdoodie

thanks, i'll pass it along to him... anyone else wanna chime in and take a guess he can use all the suggestions he can get, as he cant really afford a new window but tells me its driving him craz, lol.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i think another solution would be to get rid of the friend using tanning oil. especially if its a guy. if a guy is using tanning oil, i bet he also likes will and grace.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Try some 000 steel wool, it shouldnt scratch the glass. I've used it to get rid of pesky acid rain stains on my rear winshield....
slostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

i use bug and tar remover to get the tire rubber off the back of my drag car. but i never used it on the interior so i dont know if it will work.
02vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #8

thanks again for all the suggestions. i'll be seeing them both this week and will pass it all to them.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slostang View Post
Try some 000 steel wool, it shouldnt scratch the glass. I've used it to get rid of pesky acid rain stains on my rear winshield....
hmm...I might should use that for the etchings on my front window.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Here's the stranges suggestion of all Try using a rag soaked in Coca-cola read # 8

Sure, it can kill you but look what good it CAN do!

1. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
2. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with crumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

3. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

4. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

5. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

6. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent. Run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

7. To remove old dry wallpaper paste from wall, wet a cloth with Coke and rub over paste. It does remove it.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze and grease stains from your windshield.

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #11

lol, i had read that article about all the things you can use coke for a long time ago but forgot all about it until now. thanks for the refresher, that might be the least expensive suggestion so far

Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Here's the stranges suggestion of all Try using a rag soaked in Coca-cola read # 8

Sure, it can kill you but look what good it CAN do!

1. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
2. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with crumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

3. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

4. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

5. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

6. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent. Run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

7. To remove old dry wallpaper paste from wall, wet a cloth with Coke and rub over paste. It does remove it.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze and grease stains from your windshield.
Check out the mythbusters website...several of those were proven to by myths...however some were also proven factual. Can't remember which off hand....but I believe the rust from chrome was false.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well if all else fails there always baking soda sprinkle a little baking soda on a sponge, and scrub away the greasy mess. The baking soda won’t scratch

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video