XM factory installed won't power on - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #1

Region: Alabama
XM factory installed won't power on

I bought an 06 (used) with factory installed XM. It won't come on! It came on once right after I bought the car, but pressing the button or using the remote won't turn it on. I'm not sure if the unit is bad or if there's a bad connection. I have no idea where to look or how to check. Any suggestions?
Stang_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: XM factory installed won't power on

In your paperwork, there should be a number to call the XM company, probably the acct. has expired and needs to be renewed.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #3

Region: Alabama
I tried that, it won't power on at all, even with activation and them sending a signal. The only recommendation was to check the power source and it's mounted in the dash so I have no idea where the wires are or if the unit is just bad.
Stang_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Girl View Post
I tried that, it won't power on at all, even with activation and them sending a signal. The only recommendation was to check the power source and it's mounted in the dash so I have no idea where the wires are or if the unit is just bad.
Are ALL the other buttons on your Radio working?? Does your Radio have CD player, and excessorie buttons/controls?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Girl View Post
If I were you and didn't wanna google search possible issues(I never do), I would just pull the radio head unit out of the dash and check the wires. Sometimes, even with professional/factory installs, wires can come loose. And I'm pretty sure I'd bet on the power cable being loose on the XM radio. That would be a good reason why it worked at first, then didn't.

Either the power cable or the unit fried.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video