Got my new head unit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Got my new head unit

And I've got to say I am really impressed with it- it's been a looooooong time since I got any audio equipment and technology has sure progressed
This thing does everything but make me a sandwich. My car had the Shaker 1000, so I have a LOT of speakers- the guys at the shop I use said my best bet to improve my sound quality was a head unit (as opposed to speakers- which I've already replaced a couple of). I got the Pioneer AVH 2300, which is not a super expensive unit, and was on sale, so I got a great deal. This thing plays DVDs, CDs, MP3s, files off a jump drive, and hooks up to my iPhone and will play anything in my music collection AND- this is what really gets me- any of my Apps! It has "app mode" so I can go to say...my Savage Love app, and listen to podcasts, or Pandora- it is the most awesome thing ever! And what's really kick *** is that once it's going, I can make calls, text people, check my bank balance... And my music does not get interrupted.

It also plays DVDs and video off my iPhone, and of course I did that little trick where you can run the video while you're moving. Bad, I know, but I want my kids to be able to watch stuff while we are driving.

It looks great in my dash- I'll get pics up tomorrow- but it's a really nice looking unit. And I can make the glowing controls glow the same color as the MyColor, and my neons, and the screen the same color as my car. I'm going to get a Mustang splash screen on it as soon as I get back to my work computer.

When I went in to pick it up the guys in the shop were really excited about it- normally this bunch is pretty laid back... But they kept saying they'd never heard a head unit make so much difference in a car, and I was not going to believe it, I was going to be *really* happy, etc- so I had pretty high expectations by the time I got in the car. When I hooked in the iPhone and fired it up- OMG- yeah. And for a kind of mid level audiophile like me, the EQs and bass boost options and all the other tweaky things I'm still figuring out , were pretty mind-blowing - I was able to dial in exactly the sound I wanted. I think the biggest differences I hear are in volume- I have headroom out the yazoo now; crisper highs, and teeth rattling bass. I'm a bass girl big time- love the boom. And the Shaker definitely gave me a good boom but this thing is nuts...

So no, it's not a Bose or a thousand dollar system- but for me it's a giant upgrade, and just having the iPhone hookup is huge. Happy holidays to my Stang
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Does it work with the stock amps
yugoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugoboss
Works fine with the stock amps... Didn't need any special wiring harness or anything like that.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Thanks
yugoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugoboss
The 05-09's audio is different than a stang with the mach system though.

As for the head unit, nice. Mine has app mode too it's the best, and I downloaded the app Motion X GPS and that comes up on the screen too so mad cheap built in navi ^_^
Babystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babystang

The 05-09's audio is different than a stang with the mach system though.

As for the head unit, nice. Mine has app mode too it's the best, and I downloaded the app Motion X GPS and that comes up on the screen too so mad cheap built in navi ^_^
Yep motion x rocks! And true, I'm glad my system worked out like it did. I did a lot of research beforehand to make sure it would be plug and play. The only thing that worried me was that crutchfield said I needed a part the shop guys said I did not- turned out I didn't, so I'm glad I didn't waste that money.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Got my new head unit

Photo?
Old 12-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: Got my new head unit

sounds great , i put a Pioneer in my 06 , that has all the bells and whistles too ,
and it made the stock speakers sound 10x better
Old 12-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFUNY
Photo?
Im at my moms for holiday- pics as soon as I get home on Monday - promise
Old 12-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3021799679.png
Views:	130
Size:	770.8 KB
ID:	36622   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3319958110.png
Views:	137
Size:	856.9 KB
ID:	36623  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2662788366.png
Views:	135
Size:	776.5 KB
ID:	36650   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3348957591.png
Views:	127
Size:	708.0 KB
ID:	36651  

Old 12-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
What's the name of that radio and how much was it.
Gmullinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmullinix
What's the name of that radio and how much was it.
It's the Pioneer AVH 2300 and I got it for $290.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
From sonic electronic I'm guessing?
Gmullinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmullinix
From sonic electronic I'm guessing?
Actually no- I got it from a local shop here in Richmond VA- small place, they are cool w me and will work with me on prices because I've had a lot of work done... They did a phenomenal job on my tint too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video