? On flip out screen dvd/cd - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
? On flip out screen dvd/cd

Will a flip out head unit work on the 2002-04 it looks like the stereo sits to far back into the dash for the screen not to hit when it comes out

Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: California
2000-2004 it may if the unit thosen have tilt settings to set it out alittle or the screen down a bit , but can pull out the unit about one inch the secure it tru the stereo kit it has couple holes in the side of the unit to mach it were needit, also make sure it dont hit the shifter while opening it , I dougth it but make sure, why you dont try a double din instead there more convinient and toch screen too
robertoortiz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
+1. Go for a double din touch screen
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Ya I'm just waiting for a pioneer dd on Craigslist / eBay I don't like to pay retail. Lol. I'm a tight ***. I was just wondering if flip out would've worked I had one but sold it already
Old 01-18-2012, 04:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY
Ya I'm just waiting for a pioneer dd on Craigslist / eBay I don't like to pay retail. Lol. I'm a tight ***. I was just wondering if flip out would've worked I had one but sold it already
I got mine for less than $300 at a shop, gotta watch sales and the little places will negotiate sometimes. That way someone is responsible and you know it works. There's a lot to be said for peace of mind. I use 2 shops locally to do the few things that I can't/won't do myself- something they put in some 6 months ago started messing up (most likely from something I did) I took it back and they fixed it for free while I waited.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video