f150 stereo install gone wrong - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
f150 stereo install gone wrong

i have a 1991 f150, just had alpine stereo and speakers installed with wiring adapter at bestbuy, problem is i cant balance speakers left to right, if i turn the balance volume goes down but both speakers still play, called installer he said my truck has a common ground, it also plays the same both sides like you switched stereo to mono, installer said to bypass factory wiring and run new wires straight to speakers from stereo, does this sound right or did he screw-up the install? thanks for any help
2003 gt, sct custom tuned by VMP, k&n fipk, upr o/r x-pipe, dynomax turbo mufflers, mm c/c plates, mm full length subframe connectors, h&r race springs, bullit rims 18x10 rear 18x9 front, 4.10 gears, 20% tint, 9 inch shorty antenna
edross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Doesn't seem right to me. The factory unit was stereo, not mono. I think the installer messed up somewhere. But I could be wrong.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: California
the installer is rigth, ford started wiring there sound systems in the 80's and 90's whit all speakers individual positive but groud negatives to all sopoustly to iliminate engine noise because they thogth there system would sound great like that , the f150,ecoline,erostar,tunderbird,and some mercurys too till like 95 new speaker wires have to be pass to each door or speakers, is an extra money for that installed like me am a 15y installer and I usually charge like 30 bucks more for thouse cars, what you can do or say is tell the shop or installer that u want to return everything and want refunds on the installation because they didnt advise you of that issue and just let you take your car like that, they will try to convinse you not to return the radio and probebly have to give you the labor on the wiring installation for free,

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

you should do it asap before your radios speakers outputs are damage , but if you stil have warrantee on the products then craink the volume allthe way couple times till it stops playing and the radio will be damage and then you can blaime them for that and then get the wiring for free, ?
robertoortiz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: f150 stereo install gone wrong

thanks for the input Roberto, i did go to another installer sunday and he thought it was wired wrong till he took it out, told me everything was wired correctly, so i had him run new wires to the back straight from the radio, and the rear speakers sound great, he is going to run new wires to the doors straight from the radio this weekend, please tell me my radio is not toast, i can fade to the rear speakers till this weekend if that will help or should i not play it at all till fixed, thanks for your help
2003 gt, sct custom tuned by VMP, k&n fipk, upr o/r x-pipe, dynomax turbo mufflers, mm c/c plates, mm full length subframe connectors, h&r race springs, bullit rims 18x10 rear 18x9 front, 4.10 gears, 20% tint, 9 inch shorty antenna
edross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: California
just wait till its fix ,
robertoortiz85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video