Ah! Please Help! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Bad ground cable, so changed wire and location and boom! Back to some nice beats
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27
Bad ground cable, so changed wire and location and boom! Back to some nice beats
Glad to hear that. If u need anything else just HOLLA lol
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Thanks man! Will do! And quick question if my lights are dimming should I get a capacitor for that?
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27
Thanks man! Will do! And quick question if my lights are dimming should I get a capacitor for that?
Depends on how much wattage ur running on ur amp. A cap will help with dimming but if ur running high wattage and a large cap or battery u will need to upgrade the big 3 (high output alternation and replace the power and ground wires with 0ga) what's ur rms and peak power on ur amp?
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Depends on how much wattage ur running on ur amp. A cap will help with dimming but if ur running high wattage and a large cap or battery u will need to upgrade the big 3 (high output alternation and replace the power and ground wires with 0ga) what's ur rms and peak power on ur amp?
1000watts and 510RMS and yeah the lights started to dim when i installed the amp
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

1000watts and 510RMS and yeah the lights started to dim when i installed the amp
What kind of amp is it? Yea i would get just a 1 farad but not a off brand boss or lanzar or any other off brand stuff.
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

What kind of amp is it? Yea i would get just a 1 farad but not a off brand boss or lanzar or any other off brand stuff.
.......i have a boss amp...... hahaha uhhhh is this bad?
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Not the highest of quality by any stretch of the imagination......
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Hmmmm should i change it?
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27
Hmmmm should i change it?
If it works you shouldn't worry. My previous vehicle had a $45 amp that worked well for years. Haha
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Ok thanks and this one was like $80
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27
Ok thanks and this one was like $80
Yea if it sounds good on the subs stick with it. Yea just a lil 1 farad cap will work with it. It'll help ya lights from dimming
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Yea if it sounds good on the subs stick with it. Yea just a lil 1 farad cap will work with it. It'll help ya lights from dimming
Hmmmm ok, and should help when i get HID's right?
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Hmmmm ok, and should help when i get HID's right?
Nah u will still be pulling the same amount if power
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709
Nah u will still be pulling the same amount if power
Ok what brand should i go with? Im on halfpriceaudio.com cuz im buying my box from them
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Ok what brand should i go with? Im on halfpriceaudio.com cuz im buying my box from them
Stinger is always good. I have a 10 farad stinger n mine. I've also used rockford before and they r good. Other than that i usually had to use an extra battery. I know from experience those 2 r good
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Stinger is always good. I have a 10 farad stinger n mine. I've also used rockford before and they r good. Other than that i usually had to use an extra battery. I know from experience those 2 r good
When i get home ill order one of them, should i got with 1 or 2 farad?
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

When i get home ill order one of them, should i got with 1 or 2 farad?
2 if not much $ difference
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

2 if not much $ difference
Ok, and when i was driving home today and was listening to music my sub kept putting out the same sound not playing with the music so i turned to the side of the road and turned the song off and my car off. Turned it on and same sound so i turned the radio off and it stoped, however sometimes i could hear the noise from the sub but only for a breif second.....
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Ok, and when i was driving home today and was listening to music my sub kept putting out the same sound not playing with the music so i turned to the side of the road and turned the song off and my car off. Turned it on and same sound so i turned the radio off and it stoped, however sometimes i could hear the noise from the sub but only for a breif second.....
Does it sound like feedback? And do u have urn rca ran thru the radio or inline inverters?
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Does it sound like feedback? And do u have urn rca ran thru the radio or inline inverters?
Through the radio and yeah kinda like feed back, arent i haveing so much luck with this system!?
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Through the radio and yeah kinda like feed back, arent i haveing so much luck with this system!?
Lol I've had many give me problems before. Ur rca may be ran to close to the power wire. What size amp and what subs do u have? And what ohm r they running at?
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Lol I've had many give me problems before. Ur rca may be ran to close to the power wire. What size amp and what subs do u have? And what ohm r they running at?
I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM! YES!!!! The magnets from the rear speakers are messing up the power in the AMP so the sub doesnt get enough, problem solved when box is moved foward! YES! GO ME FOR FIGUREING THAT OUT!
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT
Hah, the capacitor! do you have one installed? Here is what the capacitor does. It charges up like a car battery, it also holds its charge, It then releases the charge to the amp to maintain constant power. Did you know that whenever the amp plays low frequency souds (bass) it draws more power? Subsonic freqs draws even more. When the cap is not keeping up draw the amp will cease and wait for the right power input. Hey, we've come a long way technologically since the 70s you know, smart amps. They save your car battery, and alternator. Anyways, good luck. Here is one more convincing statement, if this don't work I'll quit this page. The car alternator amperage is designed to recharge the battery. Not run your stereo. A poor running alternator will produce less than max. it must always run at max. Next, check you speaker hook up. Positive to positive, and so on. if you have a stereo subwoofer make sure the crossover wiring is correct (4 ohm vs 2 ohm). Most amps only do 4 ohms. check it out. I'm out.
He has done got that part figured out he is working on the lights dimming now. That's where we started talkin bout a cap. He had a bad ground and was only drawing 8v rather than 12-14v. He got that fixed though
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Re: Ah! Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Caps are nearly useless. A cheap way to try to get around spending the money on a good battery and high output altenator.
I do recall clearly running down my battery and could not restart my car. I had to leave it. Came back next morning and the Cap had fed the voltage back to the battery and it cranked up, I then went about the recharging process. I am bought and sold. Of course I have a high end Cap 3 fahrads from the EU (dimensions are approx. 3x5 in).
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT
I do recall clearly running down my battery and could not restart my car. I had to leave it. Came back next morning and the Cap had fed the voltage back to the battery and it cranked up, I then went about the recharging process. I am bought and sold. Of course I have a high end Cap 3 fahrads from the EU (dimensions are approx. 3x5 in).
I ended up not getting one because of the cost, I just can't afford it right now haha
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
When I started out I didn't have one either. Dimming headlights, the lot. When that starts just turn the bass down.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Try upgrading ya battery to a yellow top Optima.
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709
Try upgrading ya battery to a yellow top Optima.
+1 a yellow top and a high output altenator will do wonders for your electrical system, dimming will not be an issue.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony

+1 a yellow top and a high output altenator will do wonders for your electrical system, dimming will not be an issue.
Yea they said they couldn't afford a cap so i seriously doubt on the alt. The battery will help u all around though. But if cash is available then definetly get the alt and upgrade the wires to 4-0ga
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Yea they said they couldn't afford a cap so i seriously doubt on the alt. The battery will help u all around though. But if cash is available then definetly get the alt and upgrade the wires to 4-0ga
Wires are a 4guage and im forced to buy tires and thats running me $800
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Wires are a 4guage and im forced to buy tires and thats running me $800
Not ur amp kit. 0-4ga wire running off ur alternator to the battery and ground

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Yea i just got some rim and tires. Im waiting on my car to get out the shop so i can change my led tail lights to the raxiom tail lights, got some new gauges to put n, got the black running pony grille emblem, and the black steel Mustang bumber inserts, and put my rtr style rims on. Dunno when ill get it back either
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Not ur amp kit. 0-4ga wire running off ur alternator to the battery and ground

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Yea i just got some rim and tires. Im waiting on my car to get out the shop so i can change my led tail lights to the raxiom tail lights, got some new gauges to put n, got the black running pony grille emblem, and the black steel Mustang bumber inserts, and put my rtr style rims on. Dunno when ill get it back either
Wow sounds like your tax return money! Haha ill be able to order my tires monday then ill have them installed on the 20th ish idk have to see how the weather plays out up here :/ anyway my birthday is in one week, hmmmm what should i get thats around $200? Hmmmmm...... oh the choices!
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Wow sounds like your tax return money! Haha ill be able to order my tires monday then ill have them installed on the 20th ish idk have to see how the weather plays out up here :/ anyway my birthday is in one week, hmmmm what should i get thats around $200? Hmmmmm...... oh the choices!
Nah the wife won't let me touch the tax return lol. U wanting cosmetics or Performance?
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Nah the wife won't let me touch the tax return lol. U wanting cosmetics or Performance?
Oh man thats rough! And im not sure, ive planed out what i want to do this summer and 4.10's and tlok and a windstar intake is on the list right now. Hmmm should i get that cool looking b&m shifter for auto mustangs? Does that help at all besides looks?
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.