It sucked but now its all good... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to wkndpaintballer
It sucked but now its all good...

Halloween nite i had a wreck in my car and it caused over $7000 worth of damage to it. the other driver didnt have insurance and one of his passengers gave them her insurance which was out of date and false phone numbers and addresses so my insurance has to pay for it and i have to pay the deductable... but i talked to the owner of the body shop and he agreed to let me get a cervinis hood and a body kit installed on the car for only $300 extra i decided on getting these

http://www.body-kitz.com/contents/en...d=39392.627778

https://www.cervinis.com/large.aspx?img=1181_820.jpg

NOBODY cares about threats over the internet. Don't try to act hardcore with the keyboard. FIGHTING ONLINE is like racing in the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still RETARDED .
wkndpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: It sucked but now its all good...

That sucks. I got hit in my Camaro quite a few years ago by an uninsured driver. Just had liability on the car, so I had to just eat the repair cost. Talk about being irate. I feel your pain.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to Drewskie

isnt that like illegal for them to not have insurance?? couldnt yall like sue or something? i know itd probably take a while for you to get your money back but at least you're getting it back right?
Drewskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewskie View Post
isnt that like illegal for them to not have insurance?? couldnt yall like sue or something? i know itd probably take a while for you to get your money back but at least you're getting it back right?
No, not really...(1) more than likely, if the person doesn't have any insurance, they don't have any money...and (2) if they did have the money, it wouldnt be worth the expense of trying to get it back from them because you would pay more in court costs and lawyer fees than you would for just shelling out the $7K from your pocket or through your insurance...

It sucks royally, but unfortunately, it's a lose-lose situation...

*edit* it's very much illegal to operate any auto-mobile on public roadways without insurance...IF you get caught...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i believe MS is one of the few states that does not require you to carry insurance on your vehicle

i was gonna have my kit put on too, but i'm gonna wait until after the snow this winter to do it

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
i believe MS is one of the few states that does not require you to carry insurance on your vehicle

i was gonna have my kit put on too, but i'm gonna wait until after the snow this winter to do it
Mississippi does require insurance...well...sort of...if you get pulled over without proof of insurance, you get a 1000 dollar fine...

in most states (like NJ) you can't even drive a car off the lot without already having the proof of insurance...Basically, in MS, you can get the car, but you are required to get insurance as soon as you get the car "home"...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
Old 11-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
Mississippi does require insurance...well...sort of...if you get pulled over without proof of insurance, you get a 1000 dollar fine...

in most states (like NJ) you can't even drive a car off the lot without already having the proof of insurance...Basically, in MS, you can get the car, but you are required to get insurance as soon as you get the car "home"...
This is correct, however, I always call my agent as soon as I sign the title of a vehicle so I have insurance. My luck is I'd sign the title and a moon rock would land on the roof totalling the car before I got insurance.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
This is correct, however, I always call my agent as soon as I sign the title of a vehicle so I have insurance. My luck is I'd sign the title and a moon rock would land on the roof totalling the car before I got insurance.
thats how i did it when i bought my truck...i called USAA From the dealership and setup a policy the moment I signed all the paperwork and they faxed me a temp. insurance card to the dealership that way i was all set and didn't have to worry about "what-ifs"....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Drewskie

man that does suck royally id be so pissed if that happened to me
Drewskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

That happened to me in Miami. Some idiot hit my Bonneville, then presented the cops with an insurance card that was cancelled. Naturally the cop doesn't know that the insurance was cancelled, all he has to go by is the date on the card. Unfortunately State Farm didn't bother trying to recoup their money, or my deductable.
fear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

FWIW Cervini's is about 15 minutes from my house, and they do awesome work, I've seen their shop/warehouse in person... They also have a bodyshop local and they do awesome work, they were working on a mach 1 at first, they had before pictures near the car, and where they were when I saw it, it was rediculously hot...
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear1 View Post
That happened to me in Miami. Some idiot hit my Bonneville, then presented the cops with an insurance card that was cancelled. Naturally the cop doesn't know that the insurance was cancelled, all he has to go by is the date on the card. Unfortunately State Farm didn't bother trying to recoup their money, or my deductable.

actually within a day of your insurance cancellation (at least in new jersey) its posted in your driving history--it may not show that your license is suspended yet, but with every car stop, i ALWAYS check insurance. I have had more cops tow uninsured cars cause i found out their insurance was canceled even though their cards we up to date.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

San Antonio tows cars without insurance PERIOD and you know what, i agree wholeheartedly without that

yeah last time i bought my vehicle i called insurace before i took delivery USAA FTW

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Same in CA when you get pulled over registration and proof of insurance is required or it is towed...
Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to wkndpaintballer

yeah its required here too

NOBODY cares about threats over the internet. Don't try to act hardcore with the keyboard. FIGHTING ONLINE is like racing in the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still RETARDED .
wkndpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video