Cd player or speakers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzelm10

Its an 89 mustang gt. I have the correct wiring harness and I know for a fact the cd player works. The wires are on it correctly ad snug. Ive done this so many times it's easy but I just can't get sound.
It Has to be your deck man. You have power running to the speakers right? Try to trace it to your deck. Are you running the speakers off a seperate amp? Or deck amp?
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
When I took out the old deck the decks speaker wires were going to anything.
Jzelm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When I took out the old deck the decks speaker wires were going to anything.
They werent? So no sound was going to them before you got the car? Try just tracing the factory speaker wire?! And also, ARE you running the speakers off the seperate amp or not? Like one for subs one for speakers..?
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness

They werent? So no sound was going to them before you got the car? Try just tracing the factory speaker wire?! And also, ARE you running the speakers off the seperate amp or not? Like one for subs one for speakers..?
I can do either or. Im going to put my 12s in with an amp. Should I use my other amp for my small speakers or just put those to my deck?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

If its a 4 channel amp, forsure to the speakers. Id say its ALOT easier to run the speakers and subs to the amp, and then with 4 wires all together, plug left, right cables into the deck. And just run power to the amps. Better quality because you have Way more power in the amp than you do with the deck amp
Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

What kind of speakers subs and amps r they?
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709
What kind of speakers subs and amps r they?
One amp is a 900 Rockford I put 2 12 infinities too. They were in my old car and sounded good. And I have an Infiniti amp that I can put to the Infiniti speakers that were already in the car.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote:

One amp is a 900 Rockford I put 2 12 infinities too. They were in my old car and sounded good. And I have an Infiniti amp that I can put to the Infiniti speakers that were already in the car.
I've never put reg speakers to an amp before.. Is it just like subs?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Cd player or speakers

how many channels on the Rockford?? i assume 4? and how about the infinity?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Yea i would run the speakers off that amp. Just figure out what ohm and voice coils on the speakers r and what ohm the amp does on each ch
Old 02-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I dunno what the numbers are for the speakers or infiniti amp. I'll look when I get home. I'm not worried about 12s and Rockford. I know those work. I just want to get these stupid speakers to work firs.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

What Dmax said.. if you use your fosgate to the subs, and the infinity is a 4 channel, just plug in the speakers into the speaker ports on the amp, and run power, with the left right cables to your deck. fairly simple!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

It should say on the back of the speakers. If not, look up the model numbers on the amp and speakers online and look at the specs and it should tell u. If u have any questions on how to run them let me know and ill help u. Or if u want to just post the model numbers of them ill check it out. I love messing with audio. One of my hobbies
Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What Dmax said.. if you use your fosgate to the subs, and the infinity is a 4 channel, just plug in the speakers into the speaker ports on the amp, and run power, with the left right cables to your deck. fairly simple!
That's sounds way to easy! Is it hard to run the speaker wire from the speakers in the front and the door? I might just put that amp under the passenger seat of it fits.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's sounds way to easy! Is it hard to run the speaker wire from the speakers in the front and the door? I might just put that amp under the passenger seat of it fits.
Its not hard at all especially if wires r already ran. Just run them where they r already. I would recommend under the seat for ur speakers amp.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its not hard at all especially if wires r already ran. Just run them where they r already. I would recommend under the seat for ur speakers amp.
Cool thanks guys. I'm gonna f with things when I get home tonight. If all I gotta do is hook wires to both amps this is going to be a breeze
Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

If the amp is gonna be under ur seat. I would run the wires under the carpet from the speakers to amp and make a small cut n the carpet under ur seat to put the wires to the amp. Run 2 amp kits one for each amp. Or 1 0ga amp kit and run a 4ga to ur sub amp and a 8ga to ur speaker amp from ur capacitor or distributor. If u don't have either of those (cap or distributor) run 2 amp kits. 1 8ga and one 4ga
Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If the amp is gonna be under ur seat. I would run the wires under the carpet from the speakers to amp and make a small cut n the carpet under ur seat to put the wires to the amp. Run 2 amp kits one for each amp. Or 1 0ga amp kit and run a 4ga to ur sub amp and a 8ga to ur speaker amp from ur capacitor or distributor. If u don't have either of those (cap or distributor) run 2 amp kits. 1 8ga and one 4ga
I only have 4 gage wires. That should be fine for the speaker amp right?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Yea that's fine. Just a lily more than u need. So u gonna run 2 4ga?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I use my amps for show. I put my speakers in the back wall of my stang and now put my 2 fosgate amps, one for speaker other for Subs, in the middle on the back wall as well. They look SWEET and i put some orange LEDs to accent my orange speakers so it looks pretty gnarly. Next up, build boxes in the seat wells for the subs! Hahah i too love workin on audio stuff! I could do it all day if i didnt have work, and be completely satisfied with my work 4 gauge wire is plenty for your amp.. If you keepin it to 2 seperate amps. 4 gauge on 2 amps combined isnt good...

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote:

I only have 4 gage wires. That should be fine for the speaker amp right?
You, my friend, know what your talking about. That is a Good thing. Combined with Our knowledge, this other dude will have a Sick stereo in no time
Old 02-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I did all my audio stuff my self except build the box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120208_222138.png
Views:	65
Size:	406.1 KB
ID:	40328

That was my backseat

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120208_222151.png
Views:	63
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	40329
Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did all my audio stuff my self except build the box.

That was my backseat
I run ran new wires from the battery to the trunk and got my subs and amp to work. Then I got to cold so I'm going to finish tomorrow. I just need to find all the other 6 speakers and there wires to run them to my other amp. I found a 8 ga wire in my garage so I'm going to use that one for my speakers amp. Is it smart to run that from my battery with the 4 ga or not? And then I plug my 2 plug cords from the speaker amp to my front input in the back of my deck right?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Yup that all sounds good. I would recommend either a capacitor or another battery and either way u should get a deep cell battery under the hood. Sucking all that power will wear ur alternator out quick. But yea u can run both from the battery. And yea run the rca wire to the speaker amp from the back of the cd player. I would get 2 y rca splitters with female and y's to 2 males to run ur rca wires to both front and back rca inputs on ur speaker amp. And if ur gonna have back and front speakers on that amp u should get y splitter for the front and back rca outputs on the back of the cd player. But if not its ok u just won't be able to adjust the fade to the back. It'll be all on the front fade settings on ur cd player
Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzelm10 View Post
I run ran new wires from the battery to the trunk and got my subs and amp to work. Then I got to cold so I'm going to finish tomorrow. I just need to find all the other 6 speakers and there wires to run them to my other amp. I found a 8 ga wire in my garage so I'm going to use that one for my speakers amp. Is it smart to run that from my battery with the 4 ga or not? And then I plug my 2 plug cords from the speaker amp to my front input in the back of my deck right?
did your subs work before?? and I couldn't tell ya if it was smart or not. Thats what I did though! and theres really no other way to do it! however.. If your planning on pushing some Serious power, I suggest a new battery. 2 subs from the Amp, and another Amp for 6 speakers, And the rest of the car.. Might be gettin pretty close to that line of 2 batteries or 1. and yea, just left and rights from your speakers and your golden
Old 02-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

did your subs work before?? and I couldn't tell ya if it was smart or not. Thats what I did though! and theres really no other way to do it! however.. If your planning on pushing some Serious power, I suggest a new battery. 2 subs from the Amp, and another Amp for 6 speakers, And the rest of the car.. Might be gettin pretty close to that line of 2 batteries or 1. and yea, just left and rights from your speakers and your golden
Yeah I have a splitter for the RCA cables. I'm going to get a camp for them so my lights don't flicker to like in my old car.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I have a splitter for the RCA cables. I'm going to get a camp for them so my lights don't flicker to like in my old car.
With all power i would get a 5farad cap or bigger. And definently need a yellow or red top optima under the hood.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With all power i would get a 5farad cap or bigger. And definently need a yellow or red top optima under the hood.
What woul be better? Another battery or cap?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

5farad is good for about 2000 watts if u have more than that i would go bigger. 1 farad is good for 500 watts

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote:

What woul be better? Another battery or cap?
Another battery under the hood and depends on how many watts ur running. Always a safe bet for another battery but a cap will work fine but u gotta make sure its big enough

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Definently another battery under the hood though. And how many watts r u running?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
5farad is good for about 2000 watts if u have more than that i would go bigger. 1 farad is good for 500 watts

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Another battery under the hood and depends on how many watts ur running. Always a safe bet for another battery but a cap will work fine but u gotta make sure its big enough

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Definently another battery under the hood though. And how many watts r u running?
With the subs alone I think is around 3000. I dunno about the speakers yet. I'll look at those tomorrow
Old 02-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With the subs alone I think is around 3000. I dunno about the speakers yet. I'll look at those tomorrow
I thought u had just a 900watt rockford amp on ur subs?

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Go off ur amp wattage
Old 02-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I thought u had just a 900watt rockford amp on ur subs?
I went out and bought a new one. Haha I figured new car new stuff. I bought an infiniti amp for the subs
Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I went out and bought a new one. Haha I figured new car new stuff. I bought an infiniti amp for the subs
So its a 3000 watt amp?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So its a 3000 watt amp?
No. It's a 1600. I dunno where but I heard you put your amp and one of your subs together an that's your watt. I could just be listening to idiots.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No. It's a 1600. I dunno where but I heard you put your amp and one of your subs together an that's your watt. I could just be listening to idiots.
Yea that's not right. I would got with a yellow top optima under the hood and get either another battery for the trunk or a 5-10 farad cap. Not a boss or lanzar stuff they r not true readings. Get a reputable brand no off brand crap. If ur gonna have a total of 2000 or less watts id go with the cap (easier on the wallet), if its anymore id go with a red top under the hood and a yellow top n the trunk. Also if ur running that much power i would recommend n the future upgrading ur alternator to a 150-200 amp and upgrading ur wires from the alternator to 0ga. That'll help ur performance some too
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea that's not right. I would got with a yellow top optima under the hood and get either another battery for the trunk or a 5-10 farad cap. Not a boss or lanzar stuff they r not true readings. Get a reputable brand no off brand crap. If ur gonna have a total of 2000 or less watts id go with the cap (easier on the wallet), if its anymore id go with a red top under the hood and a yellow top n the trunk. Also if ur running that much power i would recommend n the future upgrading ur alternator to a 150-200 amp and upgrading ur wires from the alternator to 0ga. That'll help ur performance some too
That's what I figured. Yeah I'm goin to go out tomorrow and buy a cap and probably a better battery. But step one is finding the speaker wires and getting the other amp going.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. Well if u need anymore info just holler

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video