Cd player or speakers - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Yea that's not right. I would got with a yellow top optima under the hood and get either another battery for the trunk or a 5-10 farad cap. Not a boss or lanzar stuff they r not true readings. Get a reputable brand no off brand crap. If ur gonna have a total of 2000 or less watts id go with the cap (easier on the wallet), if its anymore id go with a red top under the hood and a yellow top n the trunk. Also if ur running that much power i would recommend n the future upgrading ur alternator to a 150-200 amp and upgrading ur wires from the alternator to 0ga. That'll help ur performance some too
Jzelm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

If ur gonna get a cap id get a 10 farad to make sure its big enough but that's just me
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If ur gonna get a cap id get a 10 farad to make sure its big enough but that's just me
One more question. I just need to hook up the farad to my big amp right? Or both?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzelm10

One more question. I just need to hook up the farad to my big amp right? Or both?
Both. Unless ur speaker amp is less than 300watts. If more than that. Run ur power wires to the cap. Have a separate ground for the cap. The run ur power and ground from the cap to the amps
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Both. Unless ur speaker amp is less than 300watts. If more than that. Run ur power wires to the cap. Have a separate ground for the cap. The run ur power and ground from the cap to the amps
Sweet thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sweet thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!
No problem. Yea keep us update and post pics of the final product. If u need anymore help just holler
Old 02-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup that all sounds good. I would recommend either a capacitor or another battery and either way u should get a deep cell battery under the hood. Sucking all that power will wear ur alternator out quick. But yea u can run both from the battery. And yea run the rca wire to the speaker amp from the back of the cd player. I would get 2 y rca splitters with female and y's to 2 males to run ur rca wires to both front and back rca inputs on ur speaker amp. And if ur gonna have back and front speakers on that amp u should get y splitter for the front and back rca outputs on the back of the cd player. But if not its ok u just won't be able to adjust the fade to the back. It'll be all on the front fade settings on ur cd player
Can you find a diagram of this. I think I understand it but I wanna make sure. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Can you find a diagram of this. I think I understand it but I wanna make sure. Thanks!
U can go to the12volt.com for any info. But its simple, just get the rca y splitters or run 2 sets of rca's to the front and back outputs on the cd player to there front and back inputs on the amp. Is that what u was confused on?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Cd player or speakers

I'm not gonna get too much into this thread, cause I don't have the specific details, but there is a Adapter needed, when using some of the stock stereo stuff in the Mustangs. I have in mine, a Amp, Sub. The inside speekers, I just switched them to Shelby, and let them run by the stock stereo, If I add them to a Amp, I will need to get the Adapter. Sorry, I could not tell in more detail.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I'm not gonna get too much into this thread, cause I don't have the specific details, but there is a Adapter needed, when using some of the stock stereo stuff in the Mustangs. I have in mine, a Amp, Sub. The inside speekers, I just switched them to Shelby, and let them run by the stock stereo, If I add them to a Amp, I will need to get the Adapter. Sorry, I could not tell in more detail.
He has all supermarket (cd player,subs, amps, & speakers) yea stock is a b**** to deal with.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Listen man, this thread is getting Way to big for just this thing. Yea you can do All that stuff with a capacitor and new battery and all that but JUST one person needs to talk about that! The person who told you you about the wattage of your subs and amp is an idiot. Seriously. You amp is Usually printed on the amp, and you subs, if theyre pretty basic and nothing Too fancy, for 12", are about 250w RMS. you can Always check online with your model and know forsure but thats generally how it is. Or close to it. Now. As far as wiring goes, you connect BOTH amps to your deck via Left, Right cables. Then, i suggest a 5 farad cap. That is Plenty. Run power to the battery and through the cap, hook your speakers up, and youll be good. I will detail more when i get to lunch in 3 hours.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness
Listen man, this thread is getting Way to big for just this thing. Yea you can do All that stuff with a capacitor and new battery and all that but JUST one person needs to talk about that! The person who told you you about the wattage of your subs and amp is an idiot. Seriously. You amp is Usually printed on the amp, and you subs, if theyre pretty basic and nothing Too fancy, for 12", are about 250w RMS. you can Always check online with your model and know forsure but thats generally how it is. Or close to it. Now. As far as wiring goes, you connect BOTH amps to your deck via Left, Right cables. Then, i suggest a 5 farad cap. That is Plenty. Run power to the battery and through the cap, hook your speakers up, and youll be good. I will detail more when i get to lunch in 3 hours.
If u know about infinity the lowest watt sub they have is 1252watts. So no its not just a lil panzy system. If u want it done right and not just thrown together like most idiots there r things u need done right. If u don't like the thread stay out of it then. And some people don't understand it easily as others do. So sometimes it needs to be explained n detail. I have over 10yrs experience n audio (not saying i know everything) So once again if u don't like the thread stay out of it.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If u know about infinity the lowest watt sub they have is 1252watts. So no its not just a lil panzy system. If u want it done right and not just thrown together like most idiots there r things u need done right. If u don't like the thread stay out of it then. And some people don't understand it easily as others do. So sometimes it needs to be explained n detail. I have over 10yrs experience n audio (not saying i know everything) So once again if u don't like the thread stay out of it.
Everything was explained in the first 2 pages man. I explained as much as i need to. How do i know you have "10 years experience"?! That could be bull sh**! And i dont care either way. The point is, is that he knows how to wire up subs and all that, so just get him the right equipment and he can do it! He aint dumb! He doesnt Need an extra battery. Although it would be advised. And forsure a cap. If hes pushing that much bass. He WOULDNT need it on the speaker amp because It Wouldnt be drawing That much power! Plus he doesnt need to worry about car power if he does a seperate battery. Get off my nuts man. I know what im talking about. I said Most Basic 12" Subs. Not All! But if you have 1300w subs and only pushin a 900w amp for 2?! Thats seriously underpowering it. And he needs to get Quality speakers to handle that amount if bass. He wouldnt here Sh** with walmart specials
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Everything was explained in the first 2 pages man. I explained as much as i need to. How do i know you have "10 years experience"?! That could be bull sh**! And i dont care either way. The point is, is that he knows how to wire up subs and all that, so just get him the right equipment and he can do it! He aint dumb! He doesnt Need an extra battery. Although it would be advised. And forsure a cap. If hes pushing that much bass. He WOULDNT need it on the speaker amp because It Wouldnt be drawing That much power! Plus he doesnt need to worry about car power if he does a seperate battery. Get off my nuts man. I know what im talking about. I said Most Basic 12" Subs. Not All! But if you have 1300w subs and only pushin a 900w amp for 2?! Thats seriously underpowering it. And he needs to get Quality speakers to handle that amount if bass. He wouldnt here Sh** with walmart specials
Read the posts then. He got a 1600 watt amp and has another amp for his speakers. If he didn't ask questions the thread would been stopped. And everything is infinity that is quality stuff

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Also he was asking about the speakers stuff. He has the subs and the sub amp already installed and working
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Cd player or speakers

Easy you two, take it down a notch. Not needed for the argument. If it's jsut to see who has the biggest balls, then that's me.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #86
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Actually that's me
Old 02-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

This guy does it on a lot of posts. Says everyone is ignorant and the thread is too long and what not. Gets aggrivating after a while. I don't see y he don't mind his own business if he don't like something.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This guy does it on a lot of posts. Says everyone is ignorant and the thread is too long and what not. Gets aggrivating after a while. I don't see y he don't mind his own business if he don't like something.
You talkin about me man? This is the First time ive said this thread is to long. Why dont you take a look and see what other posts ive written before you say sh** like that. Everything i say is legit. I wont write anything if i dont exactly know. Everyone is ignorant? What? Those would be the Last words to come out of my mouth. I gave my 2 cents about what need to get done. Even tried helping with the speaker problem. If he goes fresh and rewires, there is No way it cant work. Granted he plugged everything in right.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Anyways....jzelm10 if u need anymore help just let us know
Old 02-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Mustang madness my bad i got u confused with another guy. My bad
Old 02-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey Mustang madness my bad i got u confused with another guy. My bad
I didn't get to my speakers today. I replaced my heater core. That was a ***** but saved 500 dollars.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Yea those r a pain to get to. I had to change one n my 86 gmc fullsize truck
Old 02-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didn't get to my speakers today. I replaced my heater core. That was a ***** but saved 500 dollars.
When are you gettin your speakers?
Old 02-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

When are you gettin your speakers?
Hopefully this weekend. It's been like 10 degrees here so I'm going to wait for a warmer day.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hopefully this weekend. It's been like 10 degrees here so I'm going to wait for a warmer day.
I sucked it up and just got it done. It beats! I gotta go to work now so I'll show pictures tomorrow! Thanks your all your help
Old 02-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

No prob. That's good. U got all amps speakers and subs hooked up?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I sucked it up and just got it done. It beats! I gotta go to work now so I'll show pictures tomorrow! Thanks your all your help
Glad we could help man. I am interested in the quality of the sound even if i cant hear it! It must sound sweet though!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
If the op didn't know how many watts he was dealing with, then I'd bet the numbers given were peak (useless unrealistic numbers) and not nominal (rms, actual power). Op do me a favor and post the model numbers or shoot me a pm with them. Just to satisfy my curiosity, and to better inform you of what you are actually working with. On a side note, experience doesn't = quality work or knowledge if what was done or learned with that experience is incorrect to begin with. Op you do not need a cap, and another battery will just add more strain on your charging system. If anything a rewound alt or high output alt is the correct way to go about supplying your amplifiers with the voltage and amperage to function at their peak.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
If the op didn't know how many watts he was dealing with, then I'd bet the numbers given were peak (useless unrealistic numbers) and not nominal (rms, actual power). Op do me a favor and post the model numbers or shoot me a pm with them. Just to satisfy my curiosity, and to better inform you of what you are actually working with. On a side note, experience doesn't = quality work or knowledge if what was done or learned with that experience is incorrect to begin with. Op you do not need a cap, and another battery will just add more strain on your charging system. If anything a rewound alt or high output alt is the correct way to go about supplying your amplifiers with the voltage and amperage to function at their peak.
+1000

Exactly man. However, a cap. Isnt a bad thing to have. I use it because it easier to just install and the power it holds keeps my headlights from dimming and all that.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

The alt still has to recharge a cap after a quick discharge, adding strain on the charging system. Bandaids aren't meant for bullet wounds....
Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

I did mention to him upgrading the alt and the wires (the big 3)
Old 02-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
The alt still has to recharge a cap after a quick discharge, adding strain on the charging system. Bandaids aren't meant for bullet wounds....
Ok now your talking tiny bits of power to recharge it. The capability of a battery can power the car AND plenty more. True, the older the alt the slower it will recharge as well as anything else that gets old like that! A battery will do the same! Ive been running 2 12" subs, a 3 farad cap, 2 amps for subs and speakers, and LED lights up to wazoo and my Stock alt will keep up just fine! Without the car running for 15 min. And everything going, itll start up with basically no problems. Anything will drain you battery if its plugged in, and sure a new alt will help but needed? Not for a smaller aftermarket stereo. When you get in the 1000w stage of subs and along with 6-8 speakers, yea. Id say go for it. along with a new battery. Makes things way easier.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

To recap and make this simple, the op said 1600 watts. Someone suggested a cap. A high output alt is the right way to do it( big 3 was brought up, very smart to do). Simplest and safest way to make sure your amp does not need more amperage than your alt can supply is to check the fuses on the amp. Add em up, if its over the rated amperage of the alt, then upgrade it. I'm not trying to get in to a pissing contest here, but just because something works doesn't make it the correct way to do things. It's common knowledge that if you stress your charging system you WILL decrease its lifespan. There is a reason high output alts and multi alt setups exist.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video