My interior is falling apart. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
Unhappy My interior is falling apart.

Yea, this really sucks. I thought I was taking such great care of everything, but aparently not. Turns out that the headrest for the back seat is only being held in by one bolt. All of the tabs have fallen away, and the damn thing rattles when I back out of my driveway.

The armrest on the center console is only being held together by the leather cover I bought for it. All of the plastic underneath it has broken and the foam is just falling apart.

The "paint" on the center console is coming off. Ditto with the shifter bezel. Yay for sand paper and repainting when it gets warm enough again. Even some of the paint on my dash has come off. I guess my all of the dashes are black from the factory, since that is the color under my grey paint.

The driver side door panel has broken. The vinyl on the arm rest is seperating from the door. On the back side, the metal bracket has completely seperated from the door, causing the door cup panel not to even sit in correctly.

Plus I broke the gauge bezel a while back, and still have not replaced it. To top it off, I noticed the bezel that contains the headlight knob and rear defroster button has a huge crack going along the top.

So I guess all of my winter mods are going to consist of reconditioning the interior.
matthews.stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video