Lower door kickers 05-09 help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Lower door kickers 05-09 help

So, i have installed a new Head Unit and add a Subwoofer. i haven't replaced any stock speakers because they all seem to work just fine. EXCEPT for my lower Kickers.. they actually cut out once volume hits a certain level. They Cut out before they even sound bad which is the weird part. In order to play my Music i have a LOW pass filter, filtering out all my low freqs to my front speakers and have the back speakers set to no filter. The Sub is on its own EQ so when i adjust the BASS setting it only adjusts my stock speakers and not my SUB. SO i have the sub powered up about 3/4th of the way and i leave my BASS setting set to -8 (which is the lowest setting. if i have it set to like say -1 Bass level, my kickers will cut in and out.) I also leave my FADE set to -2 (So my back speakers receive more power than the front..Like i said if i venture out much more than this those kickers can really cut in and out even on a lower volume. Any ideas what this could be? At first i thought it could be one of those stock AMPS going bad..Replaced both of them..no solution. Also if i set my Balance all the way to the RIGHT (Neither Kicker works) if i set my balance all the way to the LEFT (Both Kickers work)...but my left kicker is plugged into my left amp and vise versa. Anyways does anybody know what i'm trying to say here? Any advise? Is it even possible to run those Kickers like my old Shaker 500 System could?
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Re: Lower door kickers 05-09 help

Ive said this a few times and i will say it again... I think going aftermarket on your stereo will result in the best possible sound... ok now for diagnosing.. the speakers should be on high pass for both sides. reason being that they aren't subs and don't need to be running bass through them. let your subs handle that. their frequency levels might be off so id say go to a stereo shop that sells the speakers, and see what their frequency levels should be while running an amp to them. another thing might be a faulty deck. I've seen them sometimes cut sound at a certain crank on the dial or just be internally faulty as far as computers go... could also be an overload to each amp so they just quit on you... maybe even a short or some wiring problem
Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Re: Lower door kickers 05-09 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness View Post
Ive said this a few times and i will say it again... I think going aftermarket on your stereo will result in the best possible sound... ok now for diagnosing.. the speakers should be on high pass for both sides. reason being that they aren't subs and don't need to be running bass through them. let your subs handle that. their frequency levels might be off so id say go to a stereo shop that sells the speakers, and see what their frequency levels should be while running an amp to them. another thing might be a faulty deck. I've seen them sometimes cut sound at a certain crank on the dial or just be internally faulty as far as computers go... could also be an overload to each amp so they just quit on you... maybe even a short or some wiring problem
I think you right, i think that its an overload to those little stock amps. What needs to happen is i need to pull those damn things out and replace them. i just worry ill spend money trying to fix them and it wont solve it you know what i mean. my Deck is a Kenwood and now that i actually own it i don't know that i like Kenwoods set ups. But ill keep you posted its about that time of the year for a Mustang Overhaul.
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Kinda sounds like my problem I had installed new kenwood head unit with amp and subwoofers I too had my setting set to -8 on bass when bass would hit at a certain frequency the woofers would cut out for a second is that the same issue ur having?
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video