Speaker brand - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Speaker brand

I'm looking for great speaker brand to go with my 2 12 inch jl audio subs, Pioneer-AVH-P4400BH, and 500 watt amp. My max price rang for a pair is 150$. This is for my new 2012 Mustang GT.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00m3dHitm4n
I'm looking for great speaker brand to go with my 2 12 inch jl audio subs, Pioneer-AVH-P4400BH, and 500 watt amp. My max price rang for a pair is 150$. This is for my new 2012 Mustang GT.
Also if u have a better recommendation for a head unit it would be much appreciated.
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Component or coaxial? For that price range can't go wrong with polk, kicker, alpine, pioneer. They are all decent mid price range speakers.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Re: Speaker brand

If it was up to me i would go with anything kicker just for the simple fact that they handle alot more than what they are rated and they sound amazing in any aspect you are using them for. and for a pair of 6x9's is roughly 100 depending on where your located. and just a heads up, working on a new 2012 sound system is going to be a pain in the ***.
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well i had planned on taking the parts to a local car audio dealer to have them install everything.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00m3dHitm4n
Well i had planned on taking the parts to a local car audio dealer to have them install everything.
What are the sizes for the front and back speakers?
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

THATS A BIG NONO!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

What is a big no no? Having an audio shop install it for me? I have zero experience with cars and stereos, why would I even attempt to do it, other than to save money?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

If you really don't know what your doing, spend 80-150$ to have a pro do it right.. Bamman is narrow minded with all that. All he talks about are Kickers but Pioneers, Alpines, Fosgates, and JL's will definitely be great. if your get they're High end stuff. Fosgates accel in Subs not Speaker components, JL's have good everything. same with Kickers.. Pioneer accel in speakers and Kinda in subs and same with Alpines.. If it were up to me, I wouldn't go with ANYTHING but Hertz Speakers. They sound PHENOMENAL and can handle more power on they're lowest end speaker than most 10 inch subs! I have 4 Hertz speakers and 2 12" Fosgate P3's. running a 4 channel amp to my speakers and mono to the subs, and it is LOUD. Crystal sound quality and Low end bass to back it up. I LOVE hearing Every single word that plays over the deck and have just as much bass to back it up! Also with a 2012 GT... I would go for High end speakers. you don't put a crappy stereo in a Nice Nice car. even something as little as speakers.. i would go big and get quality than just normal everyday stuff ya know?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Also, I have the KIV BT900 deck and it works GREAT. if your into single din decks.. double din i don't have Any experience in.. Also those hertz ran me a total of 400$. 300 for the rear and 100 for the front. but they can get up to 700$ to the rear and 600$ to the front which is down the road for me...
Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ty for the help. I'm going double din this time around, cause I want a DVD touch screen. I already have the 2 JL audio 12" subs and 500 watt amp in my current car. All I need to do is pick out the right DVD touch screen and speakers. The requirement I have for the head unit is to have the iPod connection and aux connection in the rear so I can run the cables to the center console to keep things neat and hidden.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

im not narrow minded, im just giving him all those brands because ive used all them for somthing and they all have been good to me i guess you could say.. any shop is fine just DO NOT go to best buy they will suck all the money out of you and not even do that great of a job.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ok So I just ordered the pioneer AVH-8400, and I need to get a double din dash kit. So far I have only found the metra kit. But supposedly amazon just so happens to have the Scosche FD1441B single/double din dash kit that is unreleased according to their own website. I like the look of the Scosche better. Which should I get?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamman
.. any shop is fine just DO NOT go to best buy they will suck all the money out of you and not even do that great of a job.
I would say just do your research. I know some fantastic BBY installers and some terrible ones. Just like I know some ma and pa shops that are fantastic and some that are terrible. Just do your research. After about 5 to 10 min of talking with a installer you can figure out if they know their stuff.

A deck is quite straightforward the only thing that's going to be funky with this car is that it uses a data line to turn the radio on, not a 12v switch line. So the installer will have to find a line for that. I've gone with a fused line from the ignition.
EDIT: unless the harness takes care of it
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, so i've decided to go with the Scosche kit, and ill be reusing the boston speakers that i have in my current car(mazda 3). Ill let you guys know how it all works out =).
Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Are you keeping the sync system or getting a new head unit ? I want to know how to keep my sync yet upgrade to a double deck touch screen.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I have a base GT so i dont even have sync.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I would like pics because I want to see if they kept the panel or if cut it in any way. I have a premium v6 and if I'm not mistaken it's the same radio except your is missing a few features.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #16

Region: Nevada
I have some image dynamics if interested? 6x9 pair and 6.5 brand new? Id have awesome products as well
Madridlv70duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Rockford fosgate is my favorite brand for subs, JBL for amps, high end Kenwood for decks and Boston acoustic for door speakers, get a componet set up

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT View Post
Rockford fosgate is my favorite brand for subs, JBL for amps, high end Kenwood for decks and Boston acoustic for door speakers, get a componet set up
+1! Although i Stick to Fosgate Power Amps because they work best with they're subs! Also Power series i might add.. but Same with the Deck! and have you heard of Hertz Speakers? they make Pretty great subs but Dominate when it comes to speaker setups!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
No have you heard about digital designs?? I got a trust jbl that's seen alot of use so im biased but Rockford fosgates awesome

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you all for your suggestions, but I've decided to reuse the Boston speakers I already have in my Mazda.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video