sub help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
sub help

I have an audio question I had my sub hooked up and tuned in. the middle of the song it just stopped and nvr came back on I still have power to the amp but not the sub I took sub out pf box but all connections are good I checked every thing on back of headunit those are good so what could it be I heard rcas could be backwards but is there anything else or is it My amp?

It is a kicker cvr sub and a blitz amp bridged...for a bridged system does the two screws not being used have to have a wire between them or do I just have to have the two that say bridge connected?

ponyboy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Washington
Re: sub help

If it worked for a little bit of the song then its not the RCA's or power wires or anything... try the blue remote wire and make sure its connected on both sides. maybe your amp is blown? or it just overheated.. maybe the connections inside the sub box To the subs came unplugged?

K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Minnesota
Test your sub with a DMM from + to - you should read the impedance that your sub is rated for if it reads open or 0 ohms your sub is blown. That's what it sounds like if your amp is turning on but your not getting any sound.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video