Hooking up Subs and an amp - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #1

Region: California
Hooking up Subs and an amp

I just bought a 2010 Mustang V6 5 speed Manual and I still have my subs and amp from my previous car. I want to hook them up to my new cars stock stereo properly. What exactly do I need to do. Please be detailed as I am not very electronically inclined. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
FrankyJee90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Invest in a good amp hook up kit. It will come with your power line, fuse holder, ground line, 12v turn on line and RCA's all you will need to get is a line output converter that will tap into your rear speakers and give you your RCA out.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Re: Hooking up Subs and an amp

pretty much, get the amp wiring kit, hook up the RCA's to the amp and deck, run your power wire through the firewall and onto your amp and battery, WITH a fuse a foot away about from the battery. the ground your amp to a car bolt on the chassis.. then if your deck has it, wire in your 12v blue remote wire to your amp and deck. if not, splice into something that turns on when the car turns on. the wire up your subs to the amp. There ya go!
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness
pretty much, get the amp wiring kit, hook up the RCA's to the amp and deck, run your power wire through the firewall and onto your amp and battery, WITH a fuse a foot away about from the battery. the ground your amp to a car bolt on the chassis.. then if your deck has it, wire in your 12v blue remote wire to your amp and deck. if not, splice into something that turns on when the car turns on. the wire up your subs to the amp. There ya go!
He's using the stock stereo so he'll need a line output and I'm not 100% but I'm kind of thinking there is not a 12 switch power from the stereo so you'll need to find it in the fuse box or elsewhere
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video