Just got a 5.25" component speaker system for my 1997, where should I put tweeters? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #1

Region: Wisconsin
Just got a 5.25" component speaker system for my 1997, where should I put tweeters?

I just bought the JBL P560C component system (link) and I found the door panel removal tutorial on this here wonderful site (link) so I'm pretty much ready to go, but I have no idea what to do with the tweeters and crossovers..

Where should I put them?
asilentfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

The speakers arent 5.25s they are 5x7. I worked in a stereo shop for years and ford and Mazda are the only ones who use them.
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #3

Re: Just got a 5.25" component speaker system for my 1997, where should I put tweeter

It looks like the speakers I just bought are round and 5 1/4 inches in diameter.

And I have always been told that the default speaker size for the 1997 Mustang, as well as most other Ford makes use the 6"x8" format for speakers, but yet some speakers I have seen claim to be 6"x8"/5"x7".

Unless I'm missing something obvious, that is an inch difference, and I don't see how one speaker could manage to be two sizes at once.

But back on topic, where do I mount the tweeters?
Would I want to mount them on a adapter with a hole for a tweeter?
Or maybe mounted up by the visor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

5x7 and 6x8 are the same thing just different marketing. Some versions of the stereos ford put in did have the 5.25 in it. Sorry I forgot lol been a few years. You'll have to punch a hole in the door panel or if they came with pods you can mount them on the dash. That would be the best
Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #5

Re: Just got a 5.25" component speaker system for my 1997, where should I put tweeter

Thanks, I hope I can put them on the dash! They are still being shipped as I just ordered them.. I don't know anything about pods, but I guess I'll see what I get!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Most of the time tweeters have a little pod that can mount of dashs and doors without putting holes in them
Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I put mine in the door panel where that big blank spot is near the door lock. Looked clean and sounded great.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

I put mine in that triangle part that comes off on the door panel. for the driver side, upper right hand of the door. it just unclips and you drill a hole and mount them. they work perfect for me.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #9

It came with the pods, thanks for all your ideas! I think I will try temporarily taping them in various places to see which I like best.

I can't believe I was thinking of putting them by the visor, that would be just to much treble for me to handle! I think somewhere in the upper door panel sounds best.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness
I put mine in that triangle part that comes off on the door panel. for the driver side, upper right hand of the door. it just unclips and you drill a hole and mount them. they work perfect for me.
Depends on how deep. Mine were alpine and they were too deep so I had go door panel. Just varies
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

Yea depending on the speakers, you usually want tweeters facing right at you and in the front. if you deck allows it, you can adjust how far away the tweeter is from you and the deck will adjust the sound power output and direction when it gives audio. they work phenomenally for me. i have mine facing me from the upper right drivers side door panel and upper left for passenger side..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video