06 500 shaker help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Region: Texas
06 500 shaker help

OK, I just got a 2006 Mustang GT with the Shaker 500 system. I want to add some more bass to it. I have a speaker/box and amp but am guessing I need to add an RCA converter to the system to hook the amp up. I am wondering where is the best place to hook this converter up? And where is the facotry amp located now? I know it used to be under the passenger seat on older models. I would like this amp hookep up where I can adjust it but am guessing I will just need to get an amp with the remote to adjsut volume of bass. Where did you guys put your rca converter and any pics would be appreciated, and if you have a certain brand you recommend.
If someone has a wiring diagram for this car that is probably all I would need.

bigpapakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil
Re: 06 500 shaker help

Here is an excerpt of information regarding the Saleen Shaker 500 upgrade. Unfortunately, I could not find full install information about their 12" sub/amp upgrade pakage on the their site but this is from somewhere else about it. I hope it helps some.

"the wiring runs from the Sub/Amp in the trunk, to the factory amp under the dash on the drivers side (Drivers side Kick Panel). The ground is off a Stock bolt in the trunk."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fosgate_layout.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	18937  

Some show. Some go.
462 rwhp/ 446 ft-lbs
05RedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Re: 06 500 shaker help

let me tell you from experiance DO NOT hook up the box to the rear speakers the louder you turn up the radio the lower the subs go. this way takes more time but it works great and is the only way to get the subs to go louder as you turn up the vol. take the door pannels off and see what color the the wires are on the sub in the bottom of the door. pull the sub out of the door panel and write down the color of the wire on the pos side and the color of the one on the neg side. there will be 2 pos and 2 neg because the door subs are dual voice coils. then check the wires at the door plug on the sub (where the wiring from the car plugs up to the sub in the door) they change color from the sub plug to the car plug then write them colors down they are the ones you will need. do this for both sides. take out the console and radio. on the radio you will see the sub wires on a harness by thier selves. splice into them useing the colors you got from the door to hook up your rca converter. my bud works at a audio place and he said this is the way they have to do it to get the sub to work properly it the customer dosent want to swap the head unit. its alot of work but it hits twice as hard and sounds real good. i did this when i put my 2 12's in mine. if you got any questions send me a message and ill do my best to help ya out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1645.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	19132   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1648.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	19133  

Name:	scan0001.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	19134  
Mustangs are not anobsession they are a way of LIFE!!!
stang_gang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video