Good AUX cable.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
emery2483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 367
Good AUX cable..

I need a good Aux cable.. it's going to be used every second in my car lol.
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
maldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 1,563
Brandmotion | Rear View Backup Cameras, Curb-Alertâ„¢ Curb Sensors and Vehicle Accessories | Home
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
emery2483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 367
have you tried this?
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
Radio Shack. 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable. Probably 5 bucks for a 3 footer.
__________________
Grabber Blue "Betty" 2012 V6 Six Speed, 3.55, BBK cai/throttle body, longtubes, x-pipe, axle back w/oem tips, Lugo Performance Dynotune, Zex 100 dry. I need factory v6 foglight housings, and the stock 11/12 gt grill with the light housings.
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
I work at RadioShack and we have 3 different brands, RadioShack, auvio, and pipeline. Auvio is second best and is not made with cheap plastic, which in winter it will never freeze, and pipeline is going to be your finest quality in audio. Roughly about $12.99-$22.99.

Be sure to get a RadioShack service plan on it so if and accidental damage happens like water gets on it and corrodes it, stopes working or the wires fray we can make a claim to replace it for you!( service plan is about $4-$8 dollars to cover your $20 or more purchase.
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
emery2483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017
I work at RadioShack and we have 3 different brands, RadioShack, auvio, and pipeline. Auvio is second best and is not made with cheap plastic, which in winter it will never freeze, and pipeline is going to be your finest quality in audio. Roughly about $12.99-$22.99.

Be sure to get a RadioShack service plan on it so if and accidental damage happens like water gets on it and corrodes it, stopes working or the wires fray we can make a claim to replace it for you!( service plan is about $4-$8 dollars to cover your $20 or more purchase.
if you had to pick one, which one would it be? seeing that I am a 16year old kid and am going to be unplugging it and plugging it in over and over each time I get in/out of my car? plus it will be coming out of the center console in my 2011 stang
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483

if you had to pick one, which one would it be? seeing that I am a 16year old kid and am going to be unplugging it and plugging it in over and over each time I get in/out of my car? plus it will be coming out of the center console in my 2011 stang
You will be just fine with the auvio. It's 3ft long and it's 14.99. Or the 6 foot If you need it for $18.99
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1858657615.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	361.2 KB
ID:	70413  
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
moto113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: California
Posts: 149
Personally I bought boss aux cord...noticed better sound quality!!
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
emery2483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto113
Personally I bought boss aux cord...noticed better sound quality!!
how much was it and how long have you had it and how has it lasted?

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017

You will be just fine with the auvio. It's 3ft long and it's 14.99. Or the 6 foot If you need it for $18.99
thanks man!
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
I bought a monster cable for my car. I'm 19 and I use it everyday. It goes all around my car, the floor, the hood, the backseat, stuck to my shoe, wrapped around the shifter, hanging out my window. It's a tough little cable and I recommend it. I've had it for over a year and it's still awesome. I'm also musician and I use nothing but monster cables.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Oh and I bought it at best buy
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
emery2483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893
I bought a monster cable for my car. I'm 19 and I use it everyday. It goes all around my car, the floor, the hood, the backseat, stuck to my shoe, wrapped around the shifter, hanging out my window. It's a tough little cable and I recommend it. I've had it for over a year and it's still awesome. I'm also musician and I use nothing but monster cables.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Oh and I bought it at best buy
how much was it?
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
It was about 15 or 20 dollars if I remember correctly
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
00STANG00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gonzales
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 801
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00
You can get different grades of monster cable depending what you use them for
__________________
SUCK MY DUST
00STANG00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
MarkyMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 188
That's the bet aux cord I have ever owned
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3520118309.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	462.7 KB
ID:	70645  
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Monster Cable for over a year, zero issues and even bought mom one.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
Seriously? Really? Go to a store that sells electronics and buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. They are all approximately the same thing. There are thousands of manufacturers, but the fact remains that with the exception of jacketing and labeling, copper is copper, and the metal tips are either straight or 90 degree. The only thing you need to worry about is the tip. Buy them with straight tips, simplt because they are compatible with more phones and devices. I run a sound/custom shop, and have been doing this for 22 years. The difference between the 5.00 flea market canle, and a 20.00 monster, griffin, aura, or any other company, is probably not going to be heard with human ears, unless there is a problem.
__________________
Grabber Blue "Betty" 2012 V6 Six Speed, 3.55, BBK cai/throttle body, longtubes, x-pipe, axle back w/oem tips, Lugo Performance Dynotune, Zex 100 dry. I need factory v6 foglight housings, and the stock 11/12 gt grill with the light housings.
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by WtFDiesel
Seriously? Really? Go to a store that sells electronics and buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. They are all approximately the same thing. There are thousands of manufacturers, but the fact remains that with the exception of jacketing and labeling, copper is copper, and the metal tips are either straight or 90 degree. The only thing you need to worry about is the tip. Buy them with straight tips, simplt because they are compatible with more phones and devices. I run a sound/custom shop, and have been doing this for 22 years. The difference between the 5.00 flea market canle, and a 20.00 monster, griffin, aura, or any other company, is probably not going to be heard with human ears, unless there is a problem.
Thank you... I have an upgraded system and running through my headunit I have tried my sisters $25 monster cable and my $3.50 cable and I cannot hear a difference, and I'm big about sound quality. Those big companies really get people with gold plated connections and crap like that.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
There are some differences in the life of a cable if they aren't taken care of...ie; if you have that nice griffin piece up there, and you let it lay in the floor and people are stepping on it, it would probably last longer than the flea market one. But you should take better care of your stuff anyway.
__________________
Grabber Blue "Betty" 2012 V6 Six Speed, 3.55, BBK cai/throttle body, longtubes, x-pipe, axle back w/oem tips, Lugo Performance Dynotune, Zex 100 dry. I need factory v6 foglight housings, and the stock 11/12 gt grill with the light housings.
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Monster Cable for over a year, zero issues and even bought mom one.
Yep, no issues at all. Even through all the abuse I put it through. Monster cable all the way
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by WtFDiesel
There are some differences in the life of a cable if they aren't taken care of...ie; if you have that nice griffin piece up there, and you let it lay in the floor and people are stepping on it, it would probably last longer than the flea market one. But you should take better care of your stuff anyway.
Yeah all cables are built the same way. But in my experience (which isn't much) I've used cheap cables and they don't last me long because of the way they're manufactured. They either break from the tips or the cables inside the insulation rip. They last me 2 months tops. I always go with monster cables because they are built solid, and the lifetime guarantee doesn't hurt. They have never failed me. I've had some monster cables for over 5 years, all used and abused and their still ticking. Your monster cable doesn't work? Take it to the store and you'll get a new one.
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Just a question. No issues is why you love monster cables? I've had the same $3.50 cable for over 2 years with "no issues".. Now which one is worth the money?
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra
Just a question. No issues is why you love monster cables? I've had the same $3.50 cable for over 2 years with "no issues".. Now which one is worth the money?
Just personal preference, really Not hating on the other cables its just that I try to take care of my cables, but I'm always in a rush so they are just left there to be stepped on or pulled. I've never had to replace any of my monster cables
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
moto113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: California
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483

how much was it and how long have you had it and how has it lasted?

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------



thanks man!
Have had it for about 7months and its perfect. And I think like $20.
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Thank you... I have an upgraded system and running through my headunit I have tried my sisters $25 monster cable and my $3.50 cable and I cannot hear a difference, and I'm big about sound quality. Those big companies really get people with gold plated connections and crap like that.
Yup. I don't bother with Monster--way overpriced. You are basically paying for the name.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

Yup. I don't bother with Monster--way overpriced. You are basically paying for the name.
Like I said, personal preference and lifetime guarantee
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Just like anything else, in the long run you will get what you pay for its as simple as that.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483
I need a good Aux cable.. it's going to be used every second in my car lol.
I just use Bluetooth play it wirelessly lol
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
I just use Bluetooth play it wirelessly lol
+1
__________________
Grabber Blue "Betty" 2012 V6 Six Speed, 3.55, BBK cai/throttle body, longtubes, x-pipe, axle back w/oem tips, Lugo Performance Dynotune, Zex 100 dry. I need factory v6 foglight housings, and the stock 11/12 gt grill with the light housings.
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Like someone mentioned b4, radio shack brand, basic one, had it for 15 years, haha used it for computer speakers then when the whole aux for the car stereo took off used it for my iPod, never a problem.

However stay the hell away from stylish ones or Griffen walmart brand, I have gone thru 10 of them in my car in a years time it's stupid
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
anything grounded, coatings and all that are bs. you will never hear the difference in a gold plated cabe in your car. Look for something with a sturdy connecter and don't get something longer than necessary. In my line of work, if I really need a cable to work; i buy more than I need and keep another as a spare.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Alabama
Posts: 62
Monoprice usually covers all my cable needs.
DallasVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 473
Radio shack selling at its finest haha

Just need one that will connect and (if you have a case) will fit
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.