Mach 460 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Mach 460

Got my 99 cobra vert and I looked at the wires and someone cut one of them can someone give me a picture of what is suppose to be here thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3781866717.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	70692   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2891916686.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	70693  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-81672694.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	70694  
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ugh, thats what sucks about getting used cars. I just found out that my door speakers had the wires cut. But I have an 01 V6 with the Mach460 sound system also. Where is that? Maybe I can help you out
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893
Ugh, thats what sucks about getting used cars. I just found out that my door speakers had the wires cut. But I have an 01 V6 with the Mach460 sound system also. Where is that? Maybe I can help you out
I think it connects to the radio does IRS have like the auxiliary cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
That is in the dash, behind the radio. Brandon, the flat plug that is there, the grey one, you have +12, Ignition power, ground, illumination, and factory amp turn on in that. The small din cable that is cut, that is the pre-amp wiring that sends the low level pre-amp signal to the stock amps. Usually, when this is cut, it usually means there was an entire aftermarket sound system in it, which also means you need to check the speaker locations to make sure that there is speakers in there, and that they are either attached to the stock wires, or that the stock wires are even there. Also, you need to check the amps in the trunk, under the rear deck, to make sure that they are there. I know in a lot of cases, people install aftermarket head units, they cut the din cable off, and attach the radio wires there, then they cut the wires on the amps in the trunk, and connect them together, bypassing the amp. This is a very cheap way to do it, and definitely not the 12 volt industry standard, but it works.
Start by verifying that the speaker locations contain speakers, then verify that the amps in the back are all still plugged in. That's where to start. Here's a wiring chart that will help you out....also just noticed it's a vert, so the amplifier is under the radio location. Down on the trans hump. At this point, just find the speaker wires down there and hook them to the aftermarket radio, and be done with the headaches.

Radio 12V lt. green/purple + grey plug radio harness (yellow on aftermarket radio)

Radio Ground black - grey plug radio harness

Radio Ignition black/pink + grey plug radio harness (to red on aftermarket radio)

Radio Illumination lt. blue/red (dimmer) + grey plug radio harness (Orange with white stripe on aftermarket radio)

Factory Amp Turn-on dk. blue + radio harness (don't use for amp bypass)

Power Antenna orange/lt. blue + radio harness (shouldn't be present)

Left Front Speaker (+/-) org/lt. grn - lt. blue/wht +,- amplifier

Right Front Speaker (+/-) wht/lt. grn - green/orange +,- amplifier

Left Rear Speaker (+/-) gray/lt. blue - tan/yellow +,- amplifier

Right Rear Speaker (+/-) orange/red - brown/pink +,- amplifier

The speaker wires are the same color and polarity in the speaker locations. Hope this helps.
Grabber Blue "Betty" 2012 V6 Six Speed, 3.55, BBK cai/throttle body, longtubes, x-pipe, axle back w/oem tips, Lugo Performance Dynotune, Zex 100 dry. I need factory v6 foglight housings, and the stock 11/12 gt grill with the light housings.
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WtFDiesel
That is in the dash, behind the radio. Brandon, the flat plug that is there, the grey one, you have +12, Ignition power, ground, illumination, and factory amp turn on in that. The small din cable that is cut, that is the pre-amp wiring that sends the low level pre-amp signal to the stock amps. Usually, when this is cut, it usually means there was an entire aftermarket sound system in it, which also means you need to check the speaker locations to make sure that there is speakers in there, and that they are either attached to the stock wires, or that the stock wires are even there. Also, you need to check the amps in the trunk, under the rear deck, to make sure that they are there. I know in a lot of cases, people install aftermarket head units, they cut the din cable off, and attach the radio wires there, then they cut the wires on the amps in the trunk, and connect them together, bypassing the amp. This is a very cheap way to do it, and definitely not the 12 volt industry standard, but it works.
Start by verifying that the speaker locations contain speakers, then verify that the amps in the back are all still plugged in. That's where to start. Here's a wiring chart that will help you out....also just noticed it's a vert, so the amplifier is under the radio location. Down on the trans hump. At this point, just find the speaker wires down there and hook them to the aftermarket radio, and be done with the headaches.

Radio 12V lt. green/purple + grey plug radio harness (yellow on aftermarket radio)

Radio Ground black - grey plug radio harness

Radio Ignition black/pink + grey plug radio harness (to red on aftermarket radio)

Radio Illumination lt. blue/red (dimmer) + grey plug radio harness (Orange with white stripe on aftermarket radio)

Factory Amp Turn-on dk. blue + radio harness (don't use for amp bypass)

Power Antenna orange/lt. blue + radio harness (shouldn't be present)

Left Front Speaker (+/-) org/lt. grn - lt. blue/wht +,- amplifier

Right Front Speaker (+/-) wht/lt. grn - green/orange +,- amplifier

Left Rear Speaker (+/-) gray/lt. blue - tan/yellow +,- amplifier

Right Rear Speaker (+/-) orange/red - brown/pink +,- amplifier

The speaker wires are the same color and polarity in the speaker locations. Hope this helps.
Thank you i will get this printed off we had wired it using the wires but I don't think we got the colors right because we got music and radio bit it sounds muffled I can hear it but not clear tinnitus I'll get pics of what I did thanks
Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wow. Haha that was really informative. Even I learned something. Thanks
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video