drop, kit, tires, kit + Exhaust? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to tek55 Send a message via AIM to tek55 Send a message via Yahoo to tek55
drop, kit, tires, kit + Exhaust?

I have a stock 99 v6 mustang, and I love it, but, I was thinking of changing it a bit.

I was wondering what you all thought about these mods.

1.5" body drop
Black Widow II Body Kit w/ GT front fascia
Flowmaster Delta flow 40s
17-18 inch rims

my question is mainly, well, I had a truck once that I put off road tires on, and the biggest issue was if turning would become hard w/ the knobbies rubbing against the car. Is that something to worry about with the tire changes?

Also, the kit has a dual exhaust rear, and that's why I kind of want the flowmasters, mainly, do u have to have a dual exhaust system to put a dual exhaust look on your rear bumper?

also, do I then remove my current skirts to put the kit skirts on?

I mean, if I drop it 1.5 inches, and put bigger tires, and put the kit, I don't want to be too close to the road... I hate it when people drop their cars so damn low that they have to go over speed bumps diagonally and go at 1 mph. so that's definitely what i'm trying to avoid... what are your opinions?

anyone know how much redoing my whole paint job would run me?

Thanks!
tek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
youll prolly snag up on some speedbumps, not most though... a 1.5" drop with 18 inchers you'll probably rub your tires when you wheel is turned completely (when your parking and stuff) you dont HAVE to put duals in a dual exhaust bumper, but duals are always good flowmasters sound nice till really high RPMs, then they start gettin raspy

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to tek55 Send a message via AIM to tek55 Send a message via Yahoo to tek55
hmm how bout 17s and a little less than a 1.5 .. 1inch doable? i saw the how-to somewhere, and i don't know anything bout it, but, i was thinking if all i needed to do was take the brakes off and put new springs in, that'd be easy as hell compared to new struts and etc... meanwhile, 17s and how bout a 1inch drop...

any recommendations on dual exhaust setups? or do i just avoid the high rpms though i do love the pull...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2003, 03:19 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i dont get it
Black widow II body kit/ GT front fascia

if youre getting the black widow body kit what good is a gt front fascia going to dou you. unless you mean the Black widow 2 body kit with the holes precut fot the cobra fog lights. trues me too if youre getting the body kit and then lowering it, its gonna rub the ground almost everywhere. just tdo a mild drop to get rid of the gap between the wheel wells and the wheels. and spintechs are the highest praised mufflers on this site, so get them. unless youre going for a rice look, then just pick up some OBX mufflers at your local muffler shop, and have them make you a true dual setup after you put the body kit on, cause the rear black widow has 2 openings for dual ex. and youll want the pipes to match that.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:41 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
[quote="TbirdMan91169"] spintechs are the highest praised mufflers on this quote]

I have not heard that. I think you are confusing us with 3.8. actually Spintech are a good muffler but honestly so is magnaflow, Dynomax, Flowpath and many others.

Hey tek55 go to the garage area under bolt ons and look at the sticky for exhaust and look at the types of mufflers and brands. There are some good recommendations based on sound levels and performance. Also listen to exhaust sound clips. Remember how a muffler sounds on a V8 is in no way reflects how it will sound on you V6

I think it is up to you to decide on the type of exhaust sound you want. Dont just take peoples word on it or listen to someone giving you there spin on what is the best muffler. Only you know what your car should sound like
Old 11-13-2003, 10:40 AM   #6
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

yeah i dont think we ever preach that spintechs are the best here

I like toys
Old 11-13-2003, 12:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

thanks and umm, what i meant w/ the gt front fascia was the kit comes w/ either cobra or gt look.... the cobra has the fog lights and the gt doesn't... but thanks for the tips
Old 11-13-2003, 12:54 PM   #8
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

im not a huge fan of the BW2 kit, i think my favorite body kit besides saleen would have to be whatever it is that bluedonkey has, i love that front end

I like toys
Old 11-13-2003, 12:58 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Yes the new stalker front cover, Saleen, Roush and Steeda are all nice and clean. Oh I forgot the new splitter front end like the 2000 Cobra R but made for the 94-98 looks sweet also
Old 11-14-2003, 08:41 PM   #10
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
That 1.5 drop is gonna put the BW2 on the ground. Look at hmongstang's car.

Might wanna ask him about how far you can lower it.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:00 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

hrm, well, i was looking at a site, and i can never tell why they change what seems to be the same kit to new names over and over again, but i was sorta thinking of something like this... except my car is a coupe and not a convertible...

for clarification, this is the black widow 2 kit right?

it was named the spider x9 kit on mrbodykit.com , but this is what i'm talking bout with regards to kits... what do u guys think?
Old 11-16-2003, 12:27 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
whatever it is that bluedonkey has, i love that front end
Oh, yeah, Donkeyis a-feeling the love tonight Cervini's stalker front. They also make cobra r replica front (one-piece instead of ford's cobra + chin-piece).

I've seen some stangs in northern Jersey wearing Razzi, Xenon, and Roush that looked good. Saleen needs no mention.

Black widow's not bad, but I might like the front better without those potrusions on the sides. And IMHO, the hood in that pic looks garish. Way too much for my taste. can't see them too well, but I'm not sold on the side skirts, either.

<Shrug> But you're the one who will be driving the car. Don't take too much advice; just go with what you want, and be sure about what you want. It's too expensive to get something you'll hate later.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Tags
exhaust

« Seats | What amp?? »