Why do my speakers pop after new head unit? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #1

Region: Delaware
Why do my speakers pop after new head unit?

I've looked it up else where and heard all the common things of loose connections, bad grounds causing this problem. But everytime I get in the car and turn the key to on the head unit turns on and theres a nice loud pop that comes out all the speakers on startup.. And also I noticed soon as I turn key off and than back on all my info is erased, clock, preset etc.... the head unit is a kenwood ddx319 and my car is the 05 gt with shaker 1000... Is this loud pop and erasing of info a bad ground? I tied the ground from the head unit and the parking brake switch to the original wiring harness ground (thick black and orange wire)... Thank you.. Just figured I ask before taking all back apart..
cory21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sounds like the constant and ignition wire mix up if its resetting everything an you have the shaker 1000 headunit or aftermarket?
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Sounds like the constant and ignition wire mix up if its resetting everything an you have the shaker 1000 headunit or aftermarket?
It happened to me on my last car. The people who installed the radio had the wires backwards so every time I turned the car on it "popped" and everything was reset. Make sure you check the ground first.
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #4

Region: Delaware
So double check my grounds... And check the constant and switched.. the constant wire from the car was said to be the yellow. And the red was the switched. I always thought was other way around but thats what color chart said..

Also.. when I ordered the head unit I got the wiring harness quick connects, which came with a red and a white rca cable to hook into the head unit, aswell as 2 blue wires which were labeled amp power, so I hooked both of them up to the power control wire out the head unit

I took out the shaker unit to put in this kenwood ddx319..
cory21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Do you have a subwoofer?
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Ford amp turn on voltage is 5V aftermarket is 12V that is why your speakers pop. Drop your voltage with a resistor or a regulator.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Just installed a new HU in my 04 w the Mach 1000, Crutchfield supplied a voltage converter that got spliced into the amp wires, I got,no pop.
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video