How do i tell what car stereo system i have in my 2007 Mustang GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How do i tell what car stereo system i have in my 2007 Mustang GT?

I bought a 2007 Mustang GT and I would like to replace my speakers. I want some Alpine Type-X. My problem is that I need to know how many amps my stereo system can stand. I have read all the specs of what the shaker 500 can hold and the Shaker 1000 can hold. i just do not know which one is in my car. There is no Label on the top of my radio that says... "Shaker 500" (wish it would). Please help.
cuarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

It's important for you to learn that speakers DON'T determine how much power is put into a system.

For instance, if you have a 50W rms amp and your speakers are rated for 10000W rms, you will only get 50W coming out of those speakers.

You're not going to hurt your amps with virtually any speakers except some weird ones I doubt you'd even come across.

That said. I don't think they make a 5x7 TypeX speaker. So you might be looking at some custom plates to fit them in your door.

Anyway, you have 5x7s in your doors and the rear, if you were wondering
duran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

if u have 1 shaker 10, u have a 500 watt. if u have 2 10 inch shakers, u have a 1000 watt.
cingeswiella is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Tags
2007 mustang