Help my car stereo has a problem please read? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Help my car stereo has a problem please read?

I have a 2001 mustang convertible. I just payed for a custom stereo setup everything works awesome!. Till today i noticed something different that when i turn on the car. The stereo starts up with the music real lowwwwwwww...... then 1 second later it's back up to normal sound is this normal or what's going on?
deshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

first off how long has it been since the install till you noticed this problem. could it have been this way the whole time and you just not noticed it until now?

OK the 01 stangs had amplifiers already installed in most of them.

on most custom stereos there is a capacitor installed when you turn on your car by turning the key from the resting position to the crank position in one motion you do not allow the cap to build a charge. this will cause a delay in the amps turning on. this is normal

if there is no cap installed then you are getting the same result from the electronics in the amps.

the low volume you here at first is the un amplified signal going thru the amp to the speakers. once the amp gets under power it then boost that signal

your system is probably fine. but there is nothing wrong with taking it back to the shop that did the work and asking them to look at it. tell them exactly what your concerns are.
cingeswiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It probably has a power distribution system built into it. As you well know, cars need alot of power to get the engine started, thus putting a load on your battery.
Some systems like your radio have software that allow them to start/turn on, using the least possible power.

Remember, if it gets worse, THE LAW IS ON YOUR SIDE,the Sale of Goods Act makes it obligatory for any mechanical or electrical fault to be repaired free of charge by the seller if they occur within the first 28 days, or else refund the purchaser if this is not possible. 'Sold as seen' is meaningless in UK law, and the product for sale must still be fit for purpose - stick 'sold as seen' into Google if you don't believe me.
Have a good day...
wilton is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video