Car Audio Wiring - Help Needed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
Region: North Carolina
Car Audio Wiring - Help Needed!

Hello. I am trying to run 4 gauge wire to hook up a new amp in my trunk of my 2000 Mustang GT (non-convertible). Does anyone know of a documented install page online to find where it was ran through the firewall??

Also I need to run new speaker wires into the trunk and doors. Looking for documentation of this being done as well and how it was done.

Any resources / advice / help appreciated greatly. Thanks in advance!

ChrisxF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Region: Louisiana
Re: Car Audio Wiring - Help Needed!

ive never seen any, run the power wire beween the firewall and the rubber grommet on the drovers side where the main harness goes just rin the new speaker wires wher the factory stuff is.

SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Car Audio Wiring - Help Needed!

For the speaker wires you'll need to follow most of this:
1994-2004 Mustang Door Panel Removal
As well as this:
2001-2004 Mustang Aftermarket CD Player Installation
in order to access most of the areas.

For installing the 4 gauge wire, run the wire along the driver side, there is a grommet that is fairly easy to get to, pull it out or slice it and run the wire in that way. Remove the kick panel and the bottom trim so you can pull the carpet back, run the wire along there, you can then push it behind the rear panels. Now, pull out your rear seat (if you have questions on this just ask) and you can run the wire into the trunk this way, leaving it under the trunk mat.

As far as running the wires, it's a fairly involved process, one thing to remember is avoid running any rca or speaker wires alongside the power wire as this will give you unwanted feedback from the speakers.

Are you wanting to run an amped setup or simply run everything off the cd player?

I've done all this before, so any detailed questions just let me know, I"ll search my archives of pictures when I get home tonight and see what I can find from you.
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video