Shaker 500 and iPod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Region: Ohio
Shaker 500 and iPod

I have a 2005 Mustang with the Shaker 500 sound system. Nice Bose speakers and it sounds great. However, most of my music is on an iPod and I am getting tired of listening thru an FM transmit hookup. I hate to lose the Shaker, but if I do, I would like a receiver that would a) Control an iPod and b.) provide enough power to drive the speaker system. So my question:

1) Has anyone come up with an adapter to make the Shaker 500 system accept an Aux input such as an iPod?

2.) If not, can anybody recommend a unit to replace it that will control an iPod and maybe even provide me with bluetooth although that is not a requirement.

I have heard installation could be a problem, so any thoughts here would also be appreciated! Thanks, and keep on rockin'!

Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: Shaker 500 and iPod

I remember I once had a guy come in wanted an Aux In for his Explorer, not to sure of the year. We didn't carry anything for Ford so he went to a Ford Dealership and they wound up selling a harness which plugs into the existing radio harness and includes an Aux In. I forget exactly how it works, that is if you need a Sirius, bluetooth or other Aux button on the radio included for additional options. I wasn't around when it was installed, I just talked to the guy about it and the installer who did do it. I was told it was just plug and play, real easy to install but of course the radio was with Ford removal Keys.

As for getting behind the 05+ radio, it is a ***** but because you have to remove the center console and work your way to the radio. I'd say an hour's work of labor if you've seen it or know how it's done, otherwise it's certainly doable in an afternoon.

I'd certainly ask a Ford dealer about the part, if they've heard of it or a similar piece. As for price I don't think it was that expensive, as much as you'd spend for any other product anyways.

You can also check out Scosche. They have some Bluetooth aftermarket accessories.

Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
OsirisGuy is correct
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Shaker 500 and iPod

my friend has the shaker 500 in his 08 and it has an aux port for an ipod or what ever, so you probably can buy an adaptor that goes on the back of your head unit and it will come with something to plug the ipod up to, I know on mine if you push CD twice it will go to the line in source~ the little adaptor is from some company, give them a call see what they can do

Chatsworth, CA, 91311
PH: 800-526-8590
FX: 818-678-3697
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video